ECU problems?? - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2009   #1
Registered!!

blkcoupe1201 is an unknown quantity at this point
ECU problems??

Whats up. I bought a 2000 civic ex a month ago and I noticed that it has a d16y7 and I was told that the y7 is non vtec but I have a vtec head, I had a friend look and told me it is a z6 head, anyways every once and a while it will have an idle problem where if I hold the gas at 2 grand it will bounce off and jump back up and bounce off again (like its hitting rev limiter), some days it will do it all day and some its fine. Some guy told me that I need a p75 ecu because that will work for the mini-me (idk) I looked it up and found out that a p75 ecu is out of a integra ls non vtec. I have a p2p in it now. so can some one help fix it and tell me what i need to do and if I have the wrong ecu or not. thanks a lot.
blkcoupe1201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Honda Civic Forum Replies Last Post
MIL turned off, stored code P0134, no repair made juror Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 4 06-09-2015 03:15 PM
I need help boys 01civyv3 Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 14 06-02-2015 06:21 AM
Possible MCU and ECU problem beveragemp I.C.E. & Electrical 10 05-25-2015 08:11 PM
Turn key to on, fuel pump primes for 4 seconds then turns off. McD 1st - 5th Generation Civic 3 04-22-2015 06:28 PM
2003 Hybrid with hesitation/ stuttering at low rpms/speed dooner24 Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 1 04-14-2015 08:51 PM

Tags
2000, 2002, 2009, civic, ecu, honda, issues, lx, problem, problems, si, wrong