Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

still using lube control

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
still using lube control

not so much the fp anymore cause i'm lazy, but i always keep up with the lc. i got an oil change today and on the way home the engine sounded horrible grumbling and making rattle sounds. i quickly put in some lc and after a bit of driving its so smooth again. i think the motors hooked on it now lol. great stuff. i've been using almost a year now with no problems.
Old 05-12-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I just changed my oil yesterday, after 6,000 miles. Eventually I'll get around to buying some lc and giving it a try...
Old 05-12-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya i usually let mine go 5.5k each time. oh and dont use the lc til the engine breaks in completely. I dont know exactly, but i would say not til 20k just to be extra sure.
Old 05-12-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I'm at 86,000....I went 6,000 miles between oil changes
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
nice find
Old 05-13-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Interesting...

Gearbox, have you gotten the oil tested yet?
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member

no i should've tho crap. next time
Old 05-14-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
man I need to get some more lc I got like 3 to 6 oz. left....goes quick when you put it in like 3 or 4 cars hehe
Old 05-14-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I still haven't noticed anything from the FP. Maybe a 1 mpg increase, but that could easily be due to driving habits.

I've noticed that when I first used LC, my oil got real black real quick. My engine might run slightly smoother, but it could be in my head.
Old 05-14-2006
Premium Member

thats good it means its suspending all the carbon in the oil til you change it. over time it should be getting less black.
Old 05-15-2006

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shroomster
man I need to get some more lc I got like 3 to 6 oz. left....goes quick when you put it in like 3 or 4 cars hehe

Or one F150.... stupid thing takes 7 quarts of oil, and then people wonder why I by 10 gallons of oil when it goes on sale. Then I have my chevy too, that takes 6 quarts, then 2 civics, but both of those combined take less then my F150... blah, I feel like I have an oil well gone bad in my drive way sometimes.
Old 05-15-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
my friend's aunt's expedition takes 16 qts of oil or some ridiculous amount like that
Old 05-15-2006

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
my friend's aunt's expedition takes 16 qts of oil or some ridiculous amount like that
Most likely a Diesel...Ford Diesels take 15-16, Dodge Cummins take anywhere from 11 for olders, to 13-14 for newers, and Chevy's take 10 on the dot for the Duramax motors

After I get the Moroso oil pan and relocate the filter on my Talon, It should take around 8 qts to fill it up
Old 05-15-2006

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr

Yeah, diesels take quite a bit of oil, but can use that oil for quite some time considering most of them stay well under 1,500 RPM and redline around 3500
Old 05-15-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

ah, yes .. it is a turbo diesel ;P
Old 09-04-2006
Premium Member

its been well over a year using both of these and nothing bad happened, mileage is still great, engine still sounds like new.
Old 09-04-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
same here....just I need to order some more lc20.....three cars and the little bottle doesn't fair well when you add it to the tranny, p/s, and the engine...
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
group buy.....

by any chance do you think there will be another group buy on this stuff?
Old 09-06-2006
Premium Member

did you try those coupon codes? they might still work.

FP60GALRTN05

LC20GALRTN05
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
It works?!

so this stuff really works...?!?!?!??!!?!?
Old 09-06-2006
Premium Member

eh, i used to only get 38mpg on highway before, then after a month of using said products, i get around 42. engine sounds better, feels smoother at hi speeds, and car has a tad more power. i even put some in my auto trans, after 10k miles i drained the fluid and there was black sludge on the drain bolt that i never got changing the fluid before. so yes i believe it does what it promises.
Old 09-06-2006
Premium Member

trust me you need a gallon of lc too and it wont really go bad. the fp though you really need to shake well before each use because stuff settles to the bottom. the lc you add around 3.7 ounce each oil change and 1 oz every 1k miles. ive used quite a bit already. its alot more expensive to get the smaller amount than the gallon.
Old 09-06-2006
Premium Member

i would get two bottles, one for each product
Old 09-06-2006

yeah the lc20 gets used in more applications than the fp (just gas) so it goes alot faster IMO...well like I said earlier though cuz I use it in three cars though..so that may be why for me at least....I just need money heh....
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gearbox
not so much the fp anymore cause i'm lazy, but i always keep up with the lc. i got an oil change today and on the way home the engine sounded horrible grumbling and making rattle sounds. i quickly put in some lc and after a bit of driving its so smooth again. i think the motors hooked on it now lol. great stuff. i've been using almost a year now with no problems.

hahah u have no idea how much i laughed. Its got Car Crack in it....ur cars addicted....its a problem
Old 09-07-2006
Premium Member

oh i know, if i dont add it right away (like after oil change) it gets pissy and sounds/drives terrible. i can tell big difference after changing oil and not using the fp for a while. seriously it needs this stuff now to work right.
Old 09-07-2006
Premium Member

well ya i guess, it does better with the drug than without, you just gotta keep feeding it
Old 09-07-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been using FP60 in my 01 reliegiosly, every fill up, since I got the stuff last year, bottle lasts a long time. Car runs smooth no CEL ever and i'm using regular.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

VicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura about
I am actually impressed. I decided to try fp60 after reading a few threads. I bought the 32oz to try in my truck. It’s a gas hog so I figured any improvement would be more noticeable than in my civic. Best I ever get normally is 18 mpg hwy. After 3 tankfulls, I avg 20 mpg hwy. 2 mpg doesn’t sound like a lot but that is a solid 10% improvement. Not bad imo. Hope the same for my civic.

I just ordered a gallon more. Thanks for the coupon code Gearbox!