loud pop from my car - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2005   #1
Registered!!

2k4kamakazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation loud pop from my car

hey.. here's the deal.. when I was driving my car and pushed the gas I heard a very loud POP from my car.. you could really feel it when it did that.. I got home and tried to check my engine if I could figure out what happened but I cant figure it out.. I looked at all my electronics if the functioned properly and my mist on my wipers didn't work for a while then it finally worked but not as strong.. and it's like I lost some power when I drive.. the AC doesn't get cold.. and there's no cel light on.. I don't know what to do.. should I bring it in? anyone have an idea what it could be or happened? any advice would be helpful... thanks
2k4kamakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #2
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
That happens to my car once in a while. I think it's just backfire. Civics just have that much power.
Ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #3
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
mine did that once, it was hardcore below empty on gas
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005   #4
Registered!!

oh.. so i shouldnt be worried about any thing then..
Old 04-02-2005   #5
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4kamakazi
oh.. so i shouldnt be worried about any thing then..
well were you low on gas when it did it? and if it hasnt happened again i wouldnt worry about it much.
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005   #6
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
it happens to me all the time, you have an intake, don't you?
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #7
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04
well were you low on gas when it did it? and if it hasnt happened again i wouldnt worry about it much.
I was like at half tank when it happend. yea my vic already has 30k+ on it already n yea it the first time and hopefully the last time that it happens. thanks ill try not to worry 2 much about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipBarber
it happens to me all the time, you have an intake, don't you?
yes I have an intake, a AEM V2, what kind of intake do you have SkipBarber?

Could it be just because of all the rain? because its been raining a lot for the past 2 weeks.
Old 04-03-2005   #8
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
nope, sometimes i can get it to do it on call. get to about 2000 rpm and stay there for about 10 seconds, then just hit the throttle all the way and "POP" it's just backfiring and it probably did it when you had your oem intake too, you just didnt hear it.
oh btw, injen cai.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #9
Registered!!

ahhh thanks everybody
Old 04-08-2005   #10
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
my car backfires all the time, hehe. Well when I shift at high RPMs and am hitting like 7lbs. Its like, pop popopopop pop pop
2K1Civic17"Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote