EM2 Shifter Bushing Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mourtzy is an unknown quantity at this point
EM2 Shifter Bushing Replacement?

Hey guys, I looked around on the forum and couldn't really find anything relating to this specific topic, sorry if there already is a thread on this.

But basically my shifter has become a little loose over the years and I remember in my last Civic (98) it was a rod linkage set up, so if that problem occurred you could simply just jack up your car, change the bushings and there you go, problem solved.
What about the newer generation? I want to do essentially the same thing but I'm not really sure what's wearing out on my shifter. I'm assuming it's just a bushing that I haven't seen/found where it is (I've taken apart the center console and examined the shifter) But yea I'd just like to tighten it up a bit. Any advice?
Thanks for the help
Old 12-05-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: EM2 Shifter Bushing Replacement?

picture on the right is the bushing i believe, and theother picture just ingnore the loosen bolts tags, its from a replacing your shifter with a skunk2 DIY.
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
picture on the right is the bushing i believe, and theother picture just ingnore the loosen bolts tags, its from a replacing your shifter with a skunk2 DIY.
I'm pretty sure that's a pic from an earlier generation Civic.
My set up looks nothing like that.
Thanks for trying tho

I'm pretty sure Honda switched to a cable-shift set up rather than the rod linkage set up in the earlier gen. Civics.
That pic was how you would normally tighten the shifter up, but because Honda changed things up for the newer generations, I don't really know what to change anymore to make it tighter.
Old 12-07-2011

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

That is my fault, It is for earlier than yours, I did not think to look at your garage, You have a 2005 yes?
Old 12-07-2011

Here is a DIY for replacing the shifter on a 2003 EM2. Shows where the bushings are..hope this is a little better.

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3089
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
That is my fault, It is for earlier than yours, I did not think to look at your garage, You have a 2005 yes?
Hey no worries man! Yea I have an 05, sorry for not including that in my initial post, that's my bad lol.
Thanks a lot for the DIY tho, I appreciate it!
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point

If u want a crisper feel try the bushings from the diy. I got all my parts from corsport.com not sure the neuspeed short shifter was worth it, but its not too hard to replace the bushings. Theres bushings holding the shifter assy and two where the cables meet the transmission.