EX Sedan Pink Interior Dome Light LEDs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013
Pigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piglet is an unknown quantity at this point
EX Sedan Pink Interior Dome Light LEDs?

I am interested in replacing my interior dome/map/reading lights with pink LEDs.
I don't have any experience with this type of work at all, so I don't want to waste my money experimenting with stuff that won't work unless I have to. I would really appreciate some guidance here

05 civic ex sedan. front dome light has two accompanying map lights and there is a reading/dome light in the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Pink-Magenta-Purple-12-SMD-LED-Panel-Lights-For-Interior-Map-Dome-Door-Light-/380439846187?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACivic%7CYear%3A2005&hash=item5893fb5d2b&vxp=mtr is the kit I'm considering buying.

These are my questions:

-Will they fit? (it says on the auction they will, but I'd rather hear a confirmation of this)

-Will they be bright enough to be functional in addition to adding a subtle flair to my now stock interior?

I'm guessing I'll need to buy two of these if I want to convert all the interior roof lights, but I'm considering switching the map lights to bright white LEDs. Does that sound right?

I'd love some input and guidance here. Thanks in advance
Old 04-17-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: EX Sedan Pink Interior Dome Light LEDs?

I will have to look some things up real fast but they also sell full kits for like 20 bucks to replace each bulb. Thats what i did for mine, got all interior, liscense plate, trunk lights.

They will be functional and bright.
in short yes those will fit your dome and map light, it says they fit 2825 which is what you need
Old 04-17-2013
Pigs

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.

I'm not gonna order them right away since I'm just going to be leaving in a few days to go back to Vegas. I'll order these at the end of the month so I can install them the beginning of may when I get back to Philly.

I've decided with certainty that I'm going with Pink Dome/rear reading lights and bright white map lights. I think that would be a good balance and prevent overkill. I'm trying to keep this car fresh and simple, as I have a tendency to get carried away with stuff like this because I'm such a n00b at it.

haha

Thanks again!
Old 04-17-2013

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

LOL.. I hear ya. easy to go overboard when you want to mod your car.. you should see what happens when i get bored with no money and find spray paint in my garage. LOl
Old 04-17-2013
Pigs

LOL I used to have a 92 5.0 Mustang that was really fast, but the interior was a mess of wires. I had a fog-horn hooked up to a button that rested sloppily on the center console (or what was left of it) and a bunch of wires from a pair of foglights I tried installing myself, not to mention the portable XM Radio I had chilling out with wires galore.

I was a 19 year-old stoner tomboy with one willing guy friend who knew only slightly more about cars than I did. He helped me make a huge mess of my car. lol

I suppose since then I have grown up a lot and consider myself much smarter, more focused, and much more capable than I was then (especially since I'm not high 24/7). haha
Old 04-17-2013

Nice, I had a 90 5.0 Gt, that i dumped all my youthful money into also. Its always good thing to be able to see straight when working with wires, and the high affect usually adds laziness which leads to the mess.. LOL.. You should try to do it yourself and see how it goes.

Just jumping in usually helps the butterflies to go away..
Old 04-17-2013
Pigs

Yeah for sure. I try to be super self-sufficient (especially because with youtube and message boards such as this, there's no excuse to not know how to do anything you want to), so it will probably be a good exercise of self-confidence to dive in and just be careful and double-check everything along the way!
Old 05-11-2013
Pigs

I ordered the kit the other day and it's coming to Philly from Chicago, so it will be here next week. Hopefully doing my 4 pc interior LEDGlow kit this evening before I get on the road to go spend tomorrow with my mommy ^oo^
Old 06-20-2013
Pigs

All the pink LEDs I've installed (dome lights and footwell) all look a little more on the purple side, but I'm into it. I did it all myself (and my boyfriend helped with the footwell lights a bit. I'm scared of messing with electrical and he's an electrician. haha)

I'm going to snap some photos as it starts to get darker later. Hopefully I'll have some up tonight.