DIY: 3rd LED brake light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finishstrong09 is on a distinguished road
DIY: 3rd LED brake light conversion

Hello all, so I was able to do a 3rd led brake light conversion. But I did it differently than some of the advice I have read around this site.

First, review the instruction and tools needed to remove the rear deck lid here.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...rear-deck.html

I have a coupe so these are the instructions that I followed. There is not really a better way or order to get the rear deck lid off.

In addition to that, there is only one honda genuine part that you need that is a complete plug in and done.

This is the part for the 06-10 Civic Hybrid 3rd LED brake light:
34270-SNC-A02

This part fits directly into the same spot your stock halogen 3rd brake light housing fits in and snaps into place the same way the original does. The connectors are the same too. No glueing or sealing anything.

Here is a sight with pictures that gives you a better idea visually of what I am talking about...

http://www.yamaro.net/mycar/euro-r/e...highmount.html

The install is done very close to what you see in the pictures. And the result is a clean and easy install.

To order the honda part...call DCH Honda of Temecula's part department and ask for their ebay department and give them the part number to get a quote with shipping. They are very reasonable. The part is a JDM part and ran me about $87 with shipping around $6 or $7.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 03-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: DIY: 3rd LED brake light conversion

Could you post some pics of the result?

moved to electrical DIYs.
Old 03-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finishstrong09 is on a distinguished road

This is kind of a crappy night shot with my Vibrant. I'll get some better ones later.

Here is a whole car shot. Crappy quality again. I'll try to get some cleaner shots.

Keep in mind my car is a 2003 Civic. In the pic that is a 04-05 bumper conversion, 04-05 ANZO LED tail lights conversion to go with my 8th gen civic 3rd LED brake light conversion. You would never know it is an 03 from the back .
Old 03-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

That looks great, you got rep
Old 03-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks good some of us did this before with the ex coupe led lamp, but the clear hybrid one is nice too.