Amp Wiring: 2k1 Civic Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004
Site Robot. Do Not Msg.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forum Bot has disabled reputation
Amp Wiring: 2k1 Civic Coupe

Source: DIY: Amp Wiring 2k1civic coupe

I know there are many different ways to wire your amplifier if placed in the trunk, but this may give some of you a good start. I'm no pro and there is probably a better way of doing this.

Power Wire:
  • There are 3 plastic panels that will need to be removed. The first is right above where the passenger's feet are. There are 3 spots towards the back of the vehicle that snap on. Pop these off by pulling down.
  • The other two plastic pieces to remove are the one at the bottom of the passenger door opening and the one just next to it towards the front of the vehicle. These simply pull off.
  • Once removed, you will have to pull back the carpet a little just below where you pulled off the first plastic panel. There's just a piece of velcro holding it in place.
  • Behind that, there is a rubber grommet. Using a completely straightened wire coat hanger, poke it through the grommet where there is an opening. You may have to try a few times to get it to go through.
  • Once through, look in the engine bay where it came out and pull it up enough so that you can tape about 5 inches or so of the power wire to the coat hanger. Make sure you don't pull the coat hanger all the way through. You will want to tape it so that it can easily go through the first small hole created, expanding it with just the wire to expand it.
  • Pull the wire back through, and there you go. One of the hard parts done.
  • Now route the wire behind the carpet (stay under the velcro piece), and over to the other two panels that you removed. You can tie the power wire directly to another wire running along the same path.
  • When you get to the rear passenger panel, simply push the wire underneath the panel and up to the seats. You may have to pry it up just a bit.
  • Run the wire next to and just under the back seats. You can then push it under the folding part of the seats and grab it in the trunk.
  • The remote wire can be ran along the same path.

RCA Wires:
  • The lock for the gas cap and trunk presented a problem for me. So all I did was run it the same way as the power wire, but just cram it underneath, making sure to not damage the wire.

And that's that. I haven't done the rest yet, because my new Kenwood X717 isn't in yet, so I still have to suffer for a bit with the stock tape deck.

__________________________________________________ ________________
admin edit: copied and pasted from original thread. Pictures no longer available.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-22-2019 at 09:38 AM.