Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

not to sure on suspenison rules in sts

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pupil george is an unknown quantity at this point
not to sure on suspenison rules in sts

will a floor bar bump up out of sts or is its allowed?
thanks in advance to any one who can help
Old 06-27-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You cannot use a floor bar.
Suspension and chassis braces must go across the car from suspension mounting points ONLY. That means no X braces, no B or C pillar bars, no harness bars, no floor bars, no traction bars, no strut bars that bolt to the firewall etc.... the exception is if its a replacement for a factory supplied brace and it bolts to the same place (example: The RSX has a factory installed brace that is bolted to the firewall. A replacement that uses the same attachment points is permissable.)
Download and read the SCCA rulebook posted on top of this forum. If it isn't listed in the book as allowable, then you can't do it.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 06-27-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-27-2005
Registered!!

pupil george is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks i read the rule book i just wanted to make sure because i never totaly single them out. thanks tho for the good info
Old 06-30-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
IF it doesn't say anything about it in the rule book, then that part is not allowed. Rule of thumb. They don't have time to list every part.
Old 07-05-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Take the damn thing out! it doesnt do any thing any way.