Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Just had my Azenis shoehorned on

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Still need to know how they are in the rain.
Old 07-13-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by slowvic
I have only driven a couple times with these in the rain and not above 60mph. I drive pretty cautious in the rain and have had no problems. I'd say as long as you don't drive like a maniac and adjust your driving to the conditions they should be fine.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by slowvic
not so hot. i was hydroplaning a lot today, spinning at 50mph in 4th. of course, in addition to being sport 215's, they are also nearing bald, around 2/32 of tread left.

EDIT: wheel also would jerk to the left in big puddles, just like i was driving on snow in all season tires. not sure why, was also windy as hell, made for a tough ride home, but don't go above 40-50 and you'll live.

Last edited by doubledeuce2k2; 07-13-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
EDIT: wheel also would jerk to the left in big puddles, just like i was driving on snow in all season tires. not sure why, was also windy as hell, made for a tough ride home, but don't go above 40-50 and you'll live.

Thats called Tracking, and its caused by a difference in rolling resistance on one of the two front wheels... its most often caused by puddles (the water adds to the resistance of the tires rotation and causes the car to want to steer in to the puddle or bump) but its also caused by bumps and such. Many people confuse Tracking with bump steer (In regards to the type of tracking caused by hitting bumps), but the they are two completly different things.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Thats called Tracking, and its caused by a difference in rolling resistance on one of the two front wheels... its most often caused by puddles (the water adds to the resistance of the tires rotation and causes the car to want to steer in to the puddle or bump) but its also caused by bumps and such. Many people confuse Tracking with bump steer (In regards to the type of tracking caused by hitting bumps), but the they are two completly different things.
thanks! i naturally thought that puddle = hydroplane = less resistance, but i guess i was off. same stuff happened today, just as scary, i reallllly need new tires i suppose.
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy is on a distinguished road
^^^ i agree, u need new tires
Old 07-15-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
thanks! i naturally thought that puddle = hydroplane = less resistance, but i guess i was off. same stuff happened today, just as scary, i reallllly need new tires i suppose.
Hydroplaning is more of a higher speed thing. If you hit the puddle with enough speed that the tire cant evacuate the water from under it (Through tread design or the lack of tread) then that would cause hydroplaning.