Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Powerslot Big brake kit or stock size rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Powerslot Big brake kit or stock size rotor?

Anyone have any advice. Anyone know the weight difference between stock and aftermarket and will the big brake kit clear 15" OR 16" Rota slipstreams.
Old 01-30-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Well, are you haveing brake fade problems? what pads are you running? Fluid? ect...

The only thing larger rotors give you really is Higher thermal capacity... so If you arn't running in to heat problems then its much better to run stock sized rotors.

Super Sizing

Bigger rotors will make your friends think you are cool, bigger rotors look sexy, but bigger rotors do not stop the car. What a bigger rotor will do is lower the overall operating temperature of the brakes – which is a GREAT idea IF your temperatures are causing problems with other parts of the braking system. Take for example a F500 racecar – a small 800 pound single seat formula car. While the brakes are certainly much smaller than those found on a 3,000 pound GT1 Camaro, that does not necessarily mean that they need to be made larger. In fact, swapping on a GT1 brake package would probably do more harm than good – that’s a lot of steel hanging on the wheel that needs to accelerate each time the ‘go’ pedal is pushed. So, the motto of this story is bigger is better until your temperatures are under control. After that point, you are doing more harm than good…unless you really like the look (and hey – some of us do!).
To quote this article

Last edited by Zzyzx; 01-30-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all stock right now. Trying to decide what to get. I was just wondering if the Big brakes are worth it or not?
Old 01-30-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redline04
I'm all stock right now. Trying to decide what to get. I was just wondering if the Big brakes are worth it or not?
they are only worth it if you hare having Heat problems that are affecting brake performance.
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrazyCakes is an unknown quantity at this point
what are you doing with the car??? if it's not going to be a track ***** save your money