Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Need a good cheap helmet before season starts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005
Zoom zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Need a good cheap helmet before season starts??

http://www.genuineaccessories.com/Closeout/COTU.htm

Bell Tourlite 2 - $79.95

White...

Black...

Silver...

Actually these are made by a company called Rodia, which makes some of the Bell helmets.

from dfwmiata.net...

Has anyone else ordered one of these helmets? I got mine yesterday, and was expecting a Bell helmet. It turns out to be a Rhodia, whatever the hell that is!
I just called Bell about this. They said Rodia makes some of the Bell helmets, and they are basically the same. Same shell, different liner and vents. I could either exchange the Rodia and spend $20 more for the Bell SC, or keep the Rodia and get a $10 credit. Guess what choice I made?
How much does it weigh?? Hows the quality?? Im seriousely considering one of these as a cheap, somewhat nice autocross helmet, untill I have the cash/need for a better one.
It's fairly light (don't know exactly how much it weighs) and well padded. 2 small round vents on the back side. For the money and what it will be used for, it's hard to go wrong IMHO.
Im going to be getting one of these when I finally get my taxes back...cheapest helmet from a reputable company ive seen(except G-Force)

Last edited by jiggerachi; 01-26-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-26-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If it says SNELL M00 or SA00 on the inside, then sure, buy it. I don't know if I'd be buying a 1995 rated one now.... in a lot of regions, they'll expire on Oct 1 when the 05s come out.
Old 01-26-2005
Zoom zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Im pretty sure theyre M2000, alot of out Miata guys are buying them. Im trying to find out for sure though. If 95, then no way...