Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

autoXers/road racers PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
autoXers/road racers PLEASE READ

i'm really starting to hate canyon runners that think canyon running is the ultimate level of driving

especially read what MANGOEX had to say about autoXing

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15

they even sent me a PM to challenge them in canyon running. why would i do that with them when i go to the track and drive against pros that have been racing for years.

what do you think about what he says
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04civicvp is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate people who act like they have "mad tight skills yo!" because they drive on some curvy roads. Even if it is some canyon road, who cares? All the cliff roads from the canyon do is help eliminate some of these cocky bastards when they lose control and slide off the cliff.

I am from the northeast and love driving on the curvy backwood roads, but my skills were learned on the autocross course. I have yet to take the Civic autocrossing, but I had 2 undefeated seasons in FSP with my old Jetta. Another thing people don't realize is even if they do master controlling their car, getting in another car is totally different. That is the main reason I want to get back into autocrossing. I need to learn how the Civic handles, and reacts to driving it at the edge.
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

518 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 04civicvp
I hate people who act like they have "mad tight skills yo!" because they drive on some curvy roads. Even if it is some canyon road, who cares? All the cliff roads from the canyon do is help eliminate some of these cocky bastards when they lose control and slide off the cliff.
And they make our insurance premium higher

I didnt read all the posts made by MangoEX because I easily gets irritated with cockyness mixed with ignorance. Well maybe I must have misinterpreted MangoEX. But for crying out loud, do not contribute to the rising of our insurance premiums.

Last edited by 518; 08-31-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
You just have to let those type of people go.. Every one believes that they are the best driver around. Fact of the matter is, unless you've Been to a driving school, Done wheel to wheel racing, ran alot of PDS/HPDEs with an instructor or ran a few years of autocross then chances are your not that great of a driver... Maybe better then average at most, but thats not saying much.

Its been my experiance that ushually the people who talk the most **** are also the ones who really have no Idea what they are doing (weather they know it or not).. For some reason this goes double for people driving Porsches.. For some reason I've met very few people who could push a Porsche around a track well (Those that I have met were VERY good at it too)... and I've met TONS who claim that they and their cars are the **** and then I out run them....

So, just let them go, let them believe what they want and Keep it to the track. Be it Drag strip, Road Course or Autocross, any where is safer then the street.

04civicvp: Stock classes the current civic is a sever underdog... Thanks to the "new" strut front suspension. in STS or FSP, your better off. but in STS, your not going to be beating a good driver in an 89 Si any time soon (I'm about 1 second slower then our top STS driver... and I consistantly come in 2nd Plus when I was co-driving that 89 I beat the owner a few times, so I know I'm about at the limits of what my 01 EX can do in STS).
Dont konw about FSP, but running with R compounds would be fun...

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-31-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2004
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
didnt read all of it, but having the *GUT* to drive canyon road doesnt mean he/she a good driver, these ppl will learn when they wrack their cars, mangeoEX should go try real track or solo2 sometime and learn, its a good thing to do anyways, autox is alot more technical than track and a good start to learn driving in a safe enviroment

usafstud: no beef, but maybe your region dont have good driver with awd to do solo2, but here in regional a few of them are amount the best, but still get spank by supercharge/turbocharge miata, haha!! and by no means those WRC are idiots!! ^.^

mangoEX: im not ditching the japs, but *drifting* is a big part of japanese culture and by no means they are good *driver*, good *drifter* indeed, and how many drift RACE you'll see? dont mistaken, there are lots of good jap drivers though, *specialty* in autox means an experience driver, you'll be amaze how GOOD autoxer can do on the track

Last edited by macrossranma; 08-31-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
I've gotten into it with SEVERAL people on this and other forums regarding canyon/street racing. Like Zzyzx said to me a while ago....

Originally posted by: Zzyzx

Ever notice how Hostile the actual Road racers /autocrossers can be to some one who street races???
lol

Why? Because they give US a bad name. When I tell people that I race...they look at me like I'm some punk kid (even though I'm 22 and look 30, lol)....THEN I clarify "LEGALLY with the SCCA" and they seem VERY interested in it.

On that note....you'd be AMAZED at how many people (you might call them ricers...I call them 'mis-guided motors') are VERY interested in LEGAL forms of racing that are 1) Cheap, 2) Easy to get into, and 3) FUN ..... which is when I tell them about AutoXing....

So, IMO, instead of bashing people like that right off the bat....try SUGGESTING alternatives first. THEN if they choose not to participate and continue the ignorant behavior.....LET THE ****ERS HAVE IT.

lol

Last edited by FattyMcJ; 09-01-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 04civicvp
All the cliff roads from the canyon do is help eliminate some of these cocky bastards when they lose control and slide off the cliff.
yeah, that sums it up best

i think ill add that quote to my sig
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
mangoEx and i ran into this situation before.

we never got to settle this because i'm not willing to trust the drivers he knows in the canyons and he isn't willing to hit a track

macro: the AWD drivers that i'm talking about is mostly open track people. all the ones that suck at the track also bash on autoXing. saying that its too slow for them. yet they seem to be the only ones that end up rolling their cars at the track(audi R4, STI, EVO-ones i seen)

good to know that there are "serious track drivers" on this forum also

thanks
Old 09-02-2004
Registered!!

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by usafstud

good to know that there are "serious track drivers" on this forum also