Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Hi from IL

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Hi from IL

Hi. my name is robert. i own/run a family owned sign shop. I grew up playing with 88-91 civics. i pretty much destroyed the first two butchering them like an idiot and being a kid/idiot. i've swapped engines, computers, interiors, done tbi to mpfi swaps, ported heads at home, etc.. i used to blow up a trans every 2-3 months powershifting. i broke a lot of shifter forks in my day. i took them offroading and once i got so airborne, when the car landed the cooling fan ripped the posts out of the radiator. i shoved them back in, filled it with puddle water, and got the hell off the bike path. i just had the best time i could possible have with no regard for anything. it made a lasting impression and i've loved hondas ever since. should be noted, i never totalled, seriously damaged, or destroyed one. they all made it into the hands of friends and girlfriends (:

currently i am here because my girlfriend has a 2015 civic si, which i drive like a saint because it isn't my car. this car makes me feel like a idiot because it's all electronic. - but i like it.

i currently rock a mustang. it's a 92. i bought it so i could have some fun in life. i have rebuilt the trans, converted to an electric fan, added a quarterhorse which lets me tune and datalog it, and i have a fun time beating on it and learning how to calibrate the ecu. the car is currently in "a few" pieces. when it's back together in the spring i will have a 80mm MAF(55 is stock), a 75mm TB(63 is stock), a holley systemax 2 intake, trickflow twisted wedge heads, went from 19 to 80lb injectors, it has an anderson N41 cam, all new rings, bearings, smoothed oil galleys, fresh hone, etc, bbk equal length headers, mac prochamber, flowmasters, and i've done about 2 months worth of grinding getting ports and parts to get all the aftermarket junk to work its best. i've also spent a year working on getting "street launch traction" before i took it apart. the computer tuning is far over my head but it's teaching me a ton. i've also learned a ton from rebuilding a couple transmissions. oh a also upgraded from a t5 trans(that i kept blowing up) to a t5z. the software i use to tune is called "binary editor" and the program i datalog with is called "eec analyzer" both are free to download if anyone wants to see what they do. also have a 5psi powerdyne supercharger to throw on after i tune it NA.. times have changed and the POLICE LIKE THESE CARS NOW!! it's WEIRD!. when i bought it i went to the station and asked the local fuzz how they are with loud exhaust and tinted windows. cop said "what kind of car?" i said 92 rustang, and they gave me 2 thumbs up. been having fun ever since!

i added a few pics below: car intact, trans apart, girlfriend removing engine, engine during mock-up checking port alignment. i also added two videos. first is "polishing the crank", second is sliding in the snow around town. sorry it's aimed high, i just stuck the camera in the seat/headrest

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	112005

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	112006

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	112007

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	112008

anyhow.. that's me. hi!

Last edited by RobertD; 02-26-2018 at 07:08 PM. Reason: also, i edit everything
Old 02-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hi from IL

nice work
Old 02-26-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!

Haha, I can follow your drive on goggle street view...Back to Bed is now the Mattress Firm

anderson N41 cam
And I know exactly where this came from
Old 02-26-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum. Nice Mustang! It’s my favorite of the muscle cars and I would love to own one someday.
Old 02-27-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

thank you all for the welcomes

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum. Nice Mustang! It’s my favorite of the muscle cars and I would love to own one someday.
thank you! one of my customers stopped by with his to tease me yesterday and remind me that my car is slow. says he'll give me a year to catch up (not happening)

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	112014
he made a 428ci small block twin turbo that maxed out a 1000hp dyno and then he added nitrous and meth. it's quieter than mine too.

Originally Posted by ezone
Welcome to the forum!

Haha, I can follow your drive on goggle street view...Back to Bed is now the Mattress Firm

And I know exactly where this came from
haha! stalker. :P i'm a little on the fence as if to i should use it. of all the parts i bought, i'm a little scared this cam will single handedly murder my MPG. i drive that thing 60 miles a day. are you somewhere out by Anderson?

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	112015
Old 02-28-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobertD
are you somewhere out by Anderson?
They have had quite a reputation for a damn long time. I know a few people who have had Anderson do gofaster work LOL

Many moons ago, a local doctor (who is a gearhead) had interesting toys..... He had a few Porsches, an old Ferrari 308, a 914 with a small block Chevy in it, yadda yadda....
One day in maybe 1997 he shows up with an original Monster Miata built by Monster Motorsports.... Stock body Miata with a 5.0 stang engine/trans shoehorned into it. Bought it in Texas and drove it up here (I bet that was one exhausting ride)

A few years earlier...... my dealership got a brand new 1992 Mega Monster Miata from Monster Motorsports....Screaming lookatme yellow, supercharged 5.0, lowered with ridiculous wideass 17" wheels on janky adapters, absurd fender flares, scoops, spoilers, short headlight conversion, bla bla bla..

I told the good doctor about a bunch of the engineering shortcomings I discovered on our car....(many great ideas but some were very poorly executed)

Anyway....He listened carefully, got a lot of issues corrected and the car finally drove like a real car should ....but he still wanted a little more than his NA 5.0 had....So I suggested he contact Andersons and see what they could do with it......

He brought it back with some aluminum heads, I think more cam, a t-burd posi center section, and I don't know what else.....but he said it was close to 500hp.
Damn thing was like driving a 427 AC Cobra LOL
A very nicely done car altogether.