Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Howdy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sponiebr is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy!

I just got an 02 Civic LX 5 speed. Frankly I've been too long with no Honda in my life so I'm REAL happy to be back in the Civic world.
My previous nightmare was an 02 Hyundai Accent I LIVED under that disaster almost every day for 9 months until the automatic transmission started to fail. I was going to convert the vehicle to a standard transmission but 2 days before the tranny was delivered the engine broke the timing belt (I had replaced the timing belt over the summer).
Before the Hyundai I had a Mitsubishi Lancer and it was fine, I really had no major complaints about that vehicle but I wrapped it around a tree and got rather stuck with the Hyundai.

SO WTH!? This is a CIVIC forum... I'm getting there...
Before the Lancer I had a Canadian 1993 Civic 3 door DX 5 speed. Best car I have EVER owned! PERIOD. It got 49.8 MPG, but unfortunately it lost compression in cylinder 3 and I just got tired of fixing it so I traded it in for the 06 Lancer.

I have kicked myself in the butt every time I think about giving up that car.

Previous to the 93 DX I was overseas and didn't have a car at all, but before my worldly treks I had as my first car an 84 Civic Wagon.

Any way, I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I am very familiar with car repair and fairly well tooled. Looks like it's a good thing too, because I'm broke and my 02 Civic needs some repairs. Looking forward to interacting with this Forum.

I'll post a thread with the current issues I'm up against in one of the other subs.

Slainte,

Sponiebr
Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services
Old 01-01-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Howdy!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-01-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
Welcome to the forum!
ditto
Old 01-01-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-02-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum!