Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

2002 d17 honda civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaiian808 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 d17 honda civic

Recently i got my hands on a 2002 d17 4door lx honda civic that has coilpacks
Anyways the car ran good with no problems untill one day i banging the gears hard going up a hill when i pulled out i hit 1st then second then third. While i was in third going about 80 an about 7 grams almost hitting rev limiter i went to bang it in forth an missed shift into second an let the clutch out all the way it reved really hard i panicked and kicked it into nutruel i pulled over the car idle fine i tryed to rev it and it didnt want to pass 2 grams and shounded like crap i tryed to pull out and it had no power n missed like crazy i towed it home and checked if i blew anything nothing i stareded it and put it on the computer no codes come up so i unpluged the brain n changed coilpacks i took out the battery. Something must of reset cuz it started up n rev fine i took it for a test drive and every once in a while when im banging gear n holdung it steady the car shuts down as if i have the key off so i turn it off n on n it runs good then shuts down again i need help. It mainly does it when i hold it. All after i missed shift into second please anything helps.