Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Just one of the guys

Old 02-28-2017
Vroom Vroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NamelessJoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Just one of the guys

Fresh meat. I got myself a nice shiny new '17 Hatchback EX and I wanted to be a part of the cool kids so here I am. I have been into cars since I was a little girl... forget the barbies bring on the Hot Wheels and Slot cars. Import tuner all the way! My dream car is a 2001 Skyline GTR R34 in matte grey but a 1999 Silvia S15 in jet black would be just as fantastic!

I do have a few minor questions, like how do I effectively black out my chrome since 3 body shops in town told me 'we don't have time for that'.
Old 02-28-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just one of the guys

Originally Posted by NamelessJoy
a 1999 Silvia S15 in jet black would be just as fantastic!
Quite a fine choice, my friend. I would be over the moon if I could own me an S15.

As far as the chrome, is it actually chromed metal? Or is it more like what Honda likes to do, and chrome paint on plastic? If it's the latter, sand and paint. If you want a matte finish, forego the sanding and just dip it. Much easier that way.
Old 02-28-2017
Vroom Vroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NamelessJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's that crappy plastic 'chrome' they use for the logos and up over top the doors. I looked up some diy's and all point to plastidip. I invested in some black plastidip and gloss. I just generally wanted others' options before I make this commitment.
Thank you!
Old 02-28-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, easiest way to do it is buy a couple rattle cans and DIY. Krylon fusion is a good one for plastics, too. That one, I'd sand down a little bit for better adhesion

Search this Thread