Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New to site, trying to get rid of classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
New to site, trying to get rid of classic

hello all,
I had good intentions 10yrs ago when I picked up my 1980, 2 door, manual, civic. However, life happens and I am in the market to sell it to an enthusiast as it would be a shame to send it to a junk yard.
Would anybody have some advice on selling it?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: New to site, trying to get rid of classic

Not sure what you want out of it but I have emptied my sons back yard of car collecting of 15 year. I did it on Ebay. Have 2 accounts, but with 1, you still get 6 free 7 day list for 6 week. Of course, if it sales, Ebay get $60 or $125 over $1000 sale. I always take the $3.00 option for 24 pictures. I price high but fair and list all problem and am honest and stand firm. Ever week after that, I lower price a certain present and also have a minimum I will take written out to keep emotions out.
It usually take about 3-4 weeks but everything is gone for way more then scrap metal.
Took a while but since it was under $1000, I sold the 83 Long Bed Toyota listed as parts but that they had to take the whole truck. Other then a rusty bed, it ran great and only had 100K on it. Kidd you not, a immigrant from NJ came all the way down and grabbed it. Told me his family had one in Cuba just like it and wanted it. He told me he was taking it back and would do two hops but would end up in Cuba. He said it in all seriousness.
Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

2001sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point

I have thought about the ebay route, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I thought I would try a few of the civic/honda forums before ebay, but you are probably right about ebay being the quicker path.
Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

There are loads of app and creg's all for free. GD want to do last car, a OK Neon that was hers but I gave her a nice CRV. She has had all kinds of silly offers including loosing it for over a week when a buyer gave her counterfeit. Then he rolled it to another person for real money. When the title bounced on them, they actually gave it back to GD. Ebay offers a little protection and buyer crooks don't like it but you still need to think thru dealing with strangers.