Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New to forum - need help with emblem identity

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woodie101 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to forum - need help with emblem identity

Hi - Just joined the forum - not because I'm a Honda owner, but because I sell vintage and classic car parts on Ebay. I have a Honda Civic emblem/nameplate that I can't identify as to year or placement, and was wondering if someone could help me out........
Tnks
Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic nameplate main .jpg
Views:	386
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	87579
Old 03-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to forum - need help with emblem identity

Welcome!

I debadged the Civic nameplate from the trunk lid of my 12.... but that one is kinda cool, I'd rock that.

Looks like a 1200 Civic rear emblem from the 70s. 1973-79.
87303-634-013 still comes up on a price check, about USD$30 MSRP but the catalog says not available/discontinued.

Googled "old civic emblem" and came up with

CIVIC REAR EMBLEM NOS NEW HONDA CIVIC 1200 RS SB1 73 74 75 76 77 78 79

$299.95
Buy It Now

***NEW*** NOS (New Old Stock) CIVIC Rear Emblem . Honda Part # 87303-634-013. This will fit 1973-1979 Honda Civic 1200 RS SB1. It is a new old stock item.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/honda-rs-emblem
-----------------------------------------------------
Holy poop someone is proud of that emblem!

-----------------------------------------------------

and this

Honda Civic CVCC SB1 1200 1500 1974-1979 Accord CIVIC Emblem Badge

Name:  DSC00363_zpsbb4563ba.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  48.0 KB

THE STUFF LIKE AS PICTURE
REPRODUCTION PART
NO SCRATCHES....NO CRACK
THE PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE POSTAGE COST
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS

http://mynonstopparts.blogspot.com/

==========

Hope that helps!
Old 03-25-2015
Registered!!

Thanks Ezone - so I'm wondering why this one I have doesn't have any numbers that resemble the OEM number - all it has stamped on the back is " UEHARA 2 ". Mine has a chrome back as well, and one mounting pin is good, the other is missing. I'd say the one I have is a good driver at least, so guess I'll base my listing as such.
Thanks again for your help - I probably spent 2 hours looking before I gave up - guess it helps to know the right wording to Google stuff !
Cheers
Dave
Old 03-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

UEHARA 2
IDK.

There's no rule that says parts must have a specific part number stamped on them.... the stuff I might find on an actual part isn't always the same as the part number in a catalog.

I've seen all sorts of IDs, most I have no clue what they are--but I bet whomever made the item knows what they are.
There could be a casting number or mark, or some marking system made by whichever supplier actually produced the emblem for Honda, or maybe their own catalog number. Date stamp, time stamp, shift stamp, mold number, mold position, production line stamp, Julian date, sequences, ........probably a lot more.
Old 03-25-2015
Registered!!

Ok - I didn't know that. Most of the parts I deal with are GM, Mopar, etc, and usually the part numbers stamped on them are numbers I can find online - BUT - when one crops up that doesn't work for me, that's when I go to the experts on forums !!
So thanks; and I'll get it listed.
Cheers.........
Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodie101
Thanks Ezone - so I'm wondering why this one I have doesn't have any numbers that resemble the OEM number - all it has stamped on the back is " UEHARA 2 ". Mine has a chrome back as well, and one mounting pin is good, the other is missing. I'd say the one I have is a good driver at least, so guess I'll base my listing as such.
Thanks again for your help - I probably spent 2 hours looking before I gave up - guess it helps to know the right wording to Google stuff !
Cheers
Dave
Normally emblems part numbers are on the packing not on the emblem itself. I myself have purchased a lot of jdm red H emblems from japan and those always has the part no on the packing. Hope this help.
Old 08-31-2015
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodie101
Hi - Just joined the forum - not because I'm a Honda owner, but because I sell vintage and classic car parts on Ebay. I have a Honda Civic emblem/nameplate that I can't identify as to year or placement, and was wondering if someone could help me out........
Tnks
Dave

Attachment 87579

Also this emblem is from 1980 Honda civic station wagon I have seen some old pictures of the vehicle and saw the same emblem on the back door. Hope this help.