Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

My Friends Call me Pants

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hppants is an unknown quantity at this point
My Friends Call me Pants

Greetings from South Louisiana, Land of the Cajuns:

My friends call me Pants. It's a long story, best told over a few s.

I've had several Honda's over the years, including a '99 Accord EX (original owner) with 165K on it used by my 21 year old daughter, and an '08 CRV-EXL (original owner) with 46K on it driven by SOQS (She of Queenly Stature).

I just bought (er... stole) an '04 Civic 4-door for my 17 year old son's first car. It's got 80K on it and it runs like a top. I just changed the fluids, put a set of tires on it, and replaced one rear wheel bearing that was making noise. I checked the car out front to back, and for my $5,000.00 total invested, I couldn't be happier.

I have a couple of questions:

(Yes - I did a search for my answers first....please don't flame me yet)

1. I'm not sure which model I have? My son's car is the plain jane. Manual windows and mirrors, no power locks. Just auto tranny, A/C, CD-Player, plastic hub caps. It has no badging on it except the word "Civic" on the rear. It has the 1.3 liter engine, but it is not a hybrid. Which model do I have? It might be helpful when ordering parts, etc.

2. The clear coat on the roof, hood, and trunk is peeling. I heard from a local body shop that Honda USA was offering some settlement money for this. I did some searching with no luck - do any of you know anything about this?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from your widsom.
Old 07-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: My Friends Call me Pants

Welcome to the site?
Old 07-18-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: My Friends Call me Pants

hey! welcome to the site hppants!

answers to your questions:

1. only a hybrid has 1.3L... everything else is a 1.7L (in the US). if you have manual windows/locks then you have the VP trim.

where does it say 1.3L on your car? could you show us a picture?

2. unfortunately we do not have any kinda recall/settlement on the paint. whoever told you that was misinformed or misunderstood the TSB honda sent out. the TSB was only for certain 2003–05 honda Odysseys with dark blue (midnight blue pearl) paint. it was basically a warranty extension.

Quick Reply: My Friends Call me Pants