Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrPopeye will become famous soon enough
Howdy

What's up ya'll! About to be the proud daddy of a 2001 EM2. Ya'll are gonna probably laugh at me, but I am trading my EP3 for it. I am in school, and have to drive a LOT of miles. So, Im trading for better gas mileage. Hey, at least I'm still in the Honda game, right?
Anypoo, the EP3 is just stock. I have spent a couple grand on it since Ive had it just on maintenance and crap that it needed. Hell, I JUST spend $550 getting the condensor, recharge, tie rod ends, and an allignment. But, like I said, I could REALLY use the extra 6mpg's! The EM2 has a header, cat-back, and an intake, as well as it's been lowered and has 17's on it. What I'm kinda nervous about is that it may have cheap springs on it. I went and checked it out yesterday, and they had it in the air replacing the front struts and the ac compressor. While the compressor good maintenance, I am just worried about the springs. I looked at them quickly, and all I could tell is that they are red. I know there are a few brands that have red springs, but I'm hoping it's not that crap *** DNA brand. Either way, I can replace the springs with a decent brand in a couple of months. So I'd only have to ride around on them for a short period of time. Oh, and the struts looked like they were just oem type struts. I'll get them replaced eventually though.
I wasnt able to test drive the car since they were working on it, so I'll get to Monday after they replace the compressor and recharge the AC. If it all ends up being good, then I'll bring it home. Hell, it may have decent springs on it. I'll just need to really stick my head in there and look.
With that said, the springs could probably just be turned where I couldnt see the name on them easily, right? I'm hoping they're Skunk2's or something. Not my favie brand, but better than DNA! haha
Anyways, good to be here, and hope to get to check out the site a lot more soon!

Sean
Old 06-25-2012
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoAnything is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Howdy

Welcome aboard, enjoy the forum!