Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New here, but not to Hondas. 1999 Honda Civic EX 5 speed - Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnnyGMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
New here, but not to Hondas. 1999 Honda Civic EX 5 speed - Philly area

New guy here from the Philly area. Moved back to the Philly area from Georgia to take a job. I have a 4x4 S10 ZR2 that I've been using to commute to Easton PA every day to work until the house sold in GA. Then we can move closer to my job. Living with family for a short while. Long story longer, I drive 74 miles one way and the gas keeps going up and my truck is just too thirsty so I bought another Civic.
Like some other guys I bought it really with no intention of modding but....I mod everything I own. I won't get into this much but I've owned several Mustangs and still have my '06 GT with lots of mods. Never sell this one.
Previously I owned a 1990 Civic Si hatch about 7 years ago. Bought it with a blown motor and me and my buddy swapped in a twin cam ZC along with a a header, high flow cat, and a Bosal stainless cat back and a CAI. We dropped it on coilovers and I threw on a set of light factory Honda HX wheels and called it a day. The car was fast and handled very well. Miss that car a lot. Sold it after 2 years.
This brings me to today. I just picked up a 1999 Honda Civic EX 5 speed. Silver, dark gray interior - bone stock, I mean BONE STOCK with only 119k original miles. It's super clean and runs very well. I am the third owner. I'll have it registered monday ready to drive.
Once the truck sells my near future plans include the following probably in this order:
- Megan Racing Coilover Kit
- Rota D2 16x7
- AEM or K&N CAI (still comparing)
- DC Header 4-2-1
- hi-flow cat
- Bosal Catback...maybe an RS-R (still researching exhaust - want mild)
- OEM Si front lip, fog light kit, and paint rockers body color
After this, possibly a carbon hood, more suspension bits, and I'm leaving it wingless. I like the clean look.
Aside from mods, I've got a bit of detailing to do on the engine to make it look a little nicer. Paint a few parts, custom paint the valve cover for example. Little stuff. Here's a couple pics of her after bringing it home.

Old 04-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New here, but not to Hondas. 1999 Honda Civic EX 5 speed - Philly area

I love the EM1. You have a great car there.

Welcome to the forum.