Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Eliminating Stranger Danger from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reylequan is an unknown quantity at this point
Eliminating Stranger Danger from Texas

Hey! I typically just go by my screen name or Austin. I just picked up my first Civic ever last Thursday night. It is a Red (don't know what Honda calls their cherry red paint) 1996 HX 5-speed Coupe with 169k miles on it. I bought it from an older Indian gentleman who had extensive service records covering everything from axle replacements to exhaust fixes, and even oil changes. I picked it up for $1800, and I didn't negotiate him down any as I was happy to find a car that runs well for that price (I've been in a haggling mood since I got back from Peru). It shifts smooth, accelerates well enough for 115hp, and only needed minor fixes here and there (ex: windshield wipers needed replacement, battery was COVERED in corrosion, spark plugs didn't even look that bad but I replaced them anyway, topped off power steering fluid and coolant). I need to clean the headlights because they are quite cloudy. Also, I would like to flush the system of all fluids and then top them off (good/bad idea)? Overall, I am completely satisfied with this purchase and I feel like this car will last me for a long time, or at least until I'm ready to do a motor swap!

PS - Is my chassis code EJ7?

Last edited by reylequan; 09-05-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Eliminating Stranger Danger from Texas

Welcome to the site