Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Dodge Nitro to Honda Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dodge Nitro to Honda Civic!

Hey guys, new to the forum.

I just traded in my 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4 for a 2010 Civic Coupe EX. I had been in the market for a new car since the beginning of summer and I can honestly say I never thought I would end up in a Civic.

I started out heavily pursuing the Accord Coupes, but I just couldn't get the price I was looking for. I gave up for about a month.

This morning, I went to test drive the Mazda 3, but wasn't impressed, especially for the price they offered.

Randomly I stopped by the Honda dealer just to see if they had any used Accord Coupes. They did not, but a Civic coupe caught my eye so I took it for a test drive...loved it. Drives great, excellent interior quality, etc. I was able to get a great price on it I feel.

Out the door price on the car was $18,160. I got $13,000 for my Nitro, so a difference of just over $5000...very happy for this. To give you an idea of how awful Mazda was, they offered me an OTD difference of $7300 for a Mazda 3s sport..not a chance.

I take delivery of my 2010 Polished Metal Coupe on Tuesday or Wednesday!

Reasons why I got rid of the Nitro...awful gas mileage (16 city, low 20s highway...its only a 210hp V6!), low quality interior (everything was hard plastic, scratched easily, just felt cheap), and it was not sport at all...210 hp in a 4200lb car is not gonna cut it.

One thing I know I will miss from the Nitro is the snow performance...that thing was a tank.

Anyways, I look forward to hanging with you other Civic owners here!
Old 06-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dodge Nitro to Honda Civic!

Name:  wave.gif
Views: 23
Size:  2.6 KB
welcome to the forum.
Have fun with your new civic when you get it
Old 06-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

welcome to the forum.
Have fun with your new civic when you get it
Thanks! BTW, here is a pic of my Nitro:
Old 06-27-2010
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site !!!
Old 06-27-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

grab some snow tires for the civic and you should be fine
Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

As promised, here is a pic of my new Civic!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-06-29 11.38.31.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	78574