Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Hello from NH

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IgotITforCHEAP is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from NH

Well heres the deal. Ive been a member of an R6-forum ever since I got the bike a year and a half ago. Through the help of the forum and its members I have been able to basically rebuild the entire bike while having no previous knowledge whatsoever, and thats what Im hoping I can get from here.

Sadly the bike has pretty much taken over my life, and my poor civic has been neglected since and even for about a year prior. It wasnt until a few days ago that I decided enough is enough and its time to get my baby back on the road.

I bought the car back in 04 when I was 18. Didnt have to do too much to it as the person who owned it before put a lot of work into her. All I had to do was drive, and thats what I did. I drove that thing everywhere...Taking long unneccessary trips just to be behind the wheel. Unfortunetly, those were the good old days. Over the years I have gotten attention from a lot of the wrong people. Some decided to key, others smashed windows. Girlfriends rear-ended, while *******s in beantown decided best to just steal the damn thing. Ive stuck with this car through everything imaginable, and I guess thats why lately I have been feeling like getting her back on her feet.

So while the exterior needs some work and a new paintjob, Id like to start by getting her running first. About 6 months ago I tried starting it just to let it run, and it had already been sitting so long that I believe the alternator belt corroded and snapped. So after it began smoking under the hood and stopped running, I decided to just leave it for another day. Well that day has come. Ive worked on small engines before(high school class) and think its time to attempt rebuilding this engine. I feel like this is something I can tackle even though the most I ever did was a briggs & stratton.

Even though I know most of you are probably gonna say the same as my friends, that I should just put a b16 in it, but I dont really mind in tootin around I just want it to run well and be reliable. Its a D16 motor (99 DX) with about 100,000 miles on it. Since the alternator belt broke, I figured I might as well change all the belts when undergoing this process. Also I seem to remember losing power or compression during the last few months of driving it so Im guessing I should order all new gaskets when ordering the belts? I need someone to tell me what I need to get started. Either way, its late and Im gong to bed. Ill attach a couple photos of her and check back here tomorrow

Name:  20090729_7.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  150.3 KBName:  20090729_8.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  131.2 KB
Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hello from NH

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD.

It looks like a saggy dragon or something...
Old 03-24-2010
Registered!!

IgotITforCHEAP is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hello from NH

I prefer dinosaur grazing in the feilds, but ok :P