Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New member from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New member from Arkansas

Hello everyone! I guess this should have been my first post, but I couldn't resist replying to another thread. I bought a well used 2001 LX Sedan to restore for my daughter yesterday for $150.00. I work at an independent garage & a customer had his car towed in because the timing belt broke. Since he didn't have enough money to replace the engine he called the local U-Pull-It and they offered him $150 for it. Since my daughter is needing a car pretty soon, I offered him the same $150.00 and he agreed.

Now for the bad news, this car is in absolutely ragged out condition. I filled an entire large trash bag full of the trash from the trunk, back seat floor boards & passenger floor boards. The driver door panel was off and in the trunk because the regulator was broken, the metal piece the hood latch assembly bolts to is broken, the windshield is cracked, the quarter glass window on the right rear door is gone, the front & rear bumper covers are scraped & cracked, the hood is dented and has most of the paint coming off.

I will most likely end up putting about 2K into it when I'm through.