Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Question.HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02reddemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question.HELP!

just recently bought a 2002 honda civic ex with the honda factory performance package and was trying to find a turbo for it while searching a screen for road and track magazine popped up saying that there are two versions of the d17 the regular in the stock ex 127bhp and the 160bhp version in the hfp version at first i thought they were mistaken it with the k20 found in the si in 02 but i kept looking and it showed pictures of the engine and the car itself just wondering if anyone new if thats true or not?
Old 08-22-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
no d17 puts out 160hp, stock.
they are mistaken. they must have been talking about a k20.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

02reddemon is an unknown quantity at this point
they said it was tuned to that

Honda Civic EX Coupe FP

The Civic FP represents the first car by Honda Access to be marketed stateside because it's the most affordable sporty car in the lineup.

It's immediately obvious that the Civic FP is a different car altogether from its stock counterpart. The entire chassis feels more solid, especially over bumps. And despite this solid feeling, the ride quality hasn't suffered at all...in fact, it feels better. At the track, the 160-bhp Civic FP is nothing like the stock version. It turns in with precision and maintains excellent balance throughout corners, with a good portion of the stock car's understeer refreshingly absent. Body roll has been reduced significantly, thanks to stiffer springs and dampers. The car has also been lowered slightly, while 205/50R-16 Yokohama Advan A-680 tires provide excellent grip. This newfound agility makes the coupe a delight on both winding roads and at the track.

The Civic coupe's appearance has been enhanced in a subtle way, so you won't be mistaken for a weekend import drag racer. Highlights here include a trunk spoiler, side skirts and 16-in. alloy wheels. The entire FP conversion runs about $4500.

Last edited by 02reddemon; 08-23-2006 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
welcome to the site
Old 08-25-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
i found a couple other forums of what you are talking about.

http://motegi.vtec.net/forums/one-me..._item_id=82329

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115748

At the dealership they do sell the upgrade HFP package for the 7thGen which consists of the aero kit, HFP suspension (shocks and springs - which lower the car 1inch), alloy wheels, and stickers!
I dont think Honda made the Civic "FP".
Because if it became a real option, im pretty sure people on this site would have them. Either way, get a K if you want more power.

Last edited by Suzy Q; 08-25-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
sup baller