Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Projector Aiming

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
Projector Aiming

Alright, I need some help aiming my projectors. I searched up and down the site looking for a diy, cause I had heard of one, but never found it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 10-01-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light

(backside of passangers side dual halo projector.. single is prettymuch the same)

open yer hood
look down
the top and bottom of the high and low beam have 2 screws each, each on opposite sides.. 1 screw for up/down 1 screw for left/right
theres another random screw in the middle.. i have no idea what that does but dont worry about it cuz you dont need it anyway

the lil bottle cap thing around the screw is how you adjust them from the top.. use a philips head screwdriver (a 6in1 is best for this)... think of it as gears.. dont go cranking like crazy.. go slow and dont force anything

the up/down screw is the one you can get to no problem with a standard screwdriver

the left/right screw you need a long screwdriver to reach from the top
or (drivers side) take the lil powerstearing reservoir out (it unclips and lifts up) and just cram yer hand in there.. use a flashlight if you have to.. for this one of those really really short screwdrivers is best

passangerside just take the clamp off the battery and push it towards the engine and do the same thing.. again the really short screwdrivers are best for this but you can use a standard one if thats all you have..

sorry if this is not that clear.. im not paying attention..
if you need more details or want full pics lemme know and ill do it tomorrow when i get home from work
Old 10-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the beam is like this ________/------------

i believe at 25 feet from a wall, the lower line is supposed to be 3 inch lower than the center of the projector measured from the ground to the headlight. so first see how high your projector is from the ground and then make a mark on the wall at that height. the lower beam should be 3 inch below that line.