Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

my CCFLs!!!!!!!! PICS (56k OK) DIY post 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool my CCFLs!!!!!!!! PICS (56k OK) DIY post 5

i know this is a double thread, but i dont need the other one...

sooo, i did this in my last car and i thought that it would be cool to put in my civic, i have these computer lights that are way cheaper than neon and way brighter, and the invertor that comes with them takes a +12 so the wiring was real simple. tell me what you think:

there is one under each side of the dash and one in the trunk

Last edited by Quantas; 08-31-2006 at 01:14 AM. Reason: change title
Old 08-31-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Cool.
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

theyre not rice then???? but they are bright as hell!!! omg, i had to mount them so u couldnt see the bulb cuz they are so damn bright, u can see them in the back seet where ur feet go, thats how bright they are
Old 08-31-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
As long as you didn't put any under the car, They're okay in my book. I was thinking about getting some and wiring them to come on when the doors are opened...That'd be sweet.
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

yeah, u would have to tap the dome light or somethin i would imagine, heres the mini DIY: i took out the two panels under the drivers side, theres the one that says fuses and then theres the one below it, i took the one below it and drilled two holes on each side of the lights so i could just zip tie the lights on, then i dremeled out a hole on the panel that says fuses and added a rocker switch that lights up blue and on the passenger side i took that panel off that covers some ****, it just pops off, and i drilled more holes for the zip ties, then i zip tied the inverter to some wires under the drivers side and i spliced my extra sigg lighter wires for power and ground and viola, blue lights!!! the trunk was easier, i pulled the trunk light out and just cut the power wires for it and spliced in the power wires for the inverter, so that way the light is only on when the trunk is open, and the pinout for the wires in the back is grey is pos and red is neg, so there is my mini diy for ccfls!!!

any questions? and ccfls are available from any computer parts place, like xoxide.com or just do a web search
Old 08-31-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I want to do white lights tapped into the dome, so they turn off when the key is turned and turn on when you unlock the car, etc...
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
cold cathold lights i have them in my comp that i built hello fellow nerd

go to COMPUSA or like someplace called FRYS

Last edited by boxcarracer; 08-31-2006 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
cold cathold lights i have them in my comp that i built hello fellow nerd

go to COMPUSA or like someplace called FRYS
yes im going to UW-Stout next week to start school, im majoring in Information Techonlogy Managment, i was gonna put the CCFLS in my comp but i didnt get a clear side on my case....but they are so friggen bright in my car
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
lol theyll be great which and exactly which ones did u buy?
Old 08-31-2006

I have 4 blue LED fans on my clear sided case...It can light up a whole damn room
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

i have 2 fans 1 ccl oh and my main power is also blue it all matches well with my mx510 mouse
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
lol theyll be great which and exactly which ones did u buy?
this http://www.xoxide.com/bluecathode.html
or http://www.xoxide.com/ultra-blue-dual-cc.html

the second one would be a better choice, i cut off the computer wiring and switch, ill paint up a wiring schematic if anyone needs it
Old 08-31-2006

Originally Posted by Quantas
this http://www.xoxide.com/bluecathode.html
or http://www.xoxide.com/ultra-blue-dual-cc.html

the second one would be a better choice, i cut off the computer wiring and switch, ill paint up a wiring schematic if anyone needs it

Might be a nice companion to the DIY, for those of us who do better with visual then with writing, , such as me.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Might be a nice companion to the DIY, for those of us who do better with visual then with writing, , such as me.
yes make a DIY with pics please then ull get mad props.....REP!
Old 08-31-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
hmmm u think it will work if i put a switch in?? i rather have a switch and not have them on all the time, prob. get annoyin
Old 08-31-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
looks good
Old 08-31-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i go 2 blue cold caths in my computer case, matchs nicely with my blen Antec server tower and my custom painted microsoft keyboard and mouse. i painted them the same color blue as the case.
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

i have a switch, i just cut out the one that came with them cuz it was made to be in a computer case
Old 08-31-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Ooohhhhh, looks kinda like the 06's accessory courtesy lights... always wondered how that could look like.
Old 08-31-2006
The internet says Im a loser

Anathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of light
Thats exactly what I wanted to do with my interior. Looks nice!
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

heres the wiring diagram:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ccfl_wiring.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	67752  
Old 08-31-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
MS Paint, got to love it. lol
Old 08-31-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
I like! Gives me some ideas...
Old 08-31-2006
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
I did this in my car when I first got it. I love it. Thought that I was the only one who did it. Pictures are blurry.

Mine are white though.
Old 08-31-2006
I HEART KATIE

how many is that like 4?
Old 08-31-2006
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
two, actually, same placing you had yours.
Old 08-31-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
ohh soo u keep the inverter... thats wat i was just bout to ask too.. THANKS
Old 08-31-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CenZ
MS Paint, got to love it. lol
werd!
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Quantas
heres the wiring diagram:
lol it looks like a vagina and 2 ovaries
Old 09-01-2006

Originally Posted by thefever
I did this in my car when I first got it. I love it. Thought that I was the only one who did it. Pictures are blurry.

Mine are white though.

Dude is that a CB Radio I see?!?