Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Retard question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Retard question

Yeah I'm retarded and never visit this forum, but I thought I'd ask you masters lol...

I used to have a prolumen HID kit, then sneezed on a bulb and spilled cheee on it and when i turned it on it broke for some reason, I don't know why but yeah lol. It was a 5000k kit, and my question is, can I put 6000k bulbs on it? I just hated the 5000k bulbs they were like pure white lol and I want to up to to a more bluish/purplish color. Thanks guys. I figure I probably can't though lol
Old 11-21-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
if you can get into contact with the manufacturer, you could probably order the bulbs. i doubt they would sell just the bulbs, but in the case they do, i predict the price to be around $200 for the pair.
Old 11-21-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Infinite: are the bulbs manufacturer specific?
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
Yes U Can Use 6000k Bulbs With That Kit
And Most Of The Aftermarket Kit Has Same Kind Of Connectors..

I USE TO HAVE MC CULLACH AND WHEN I BLEW UP MY BULB IT WAS 130 FOR REPLECMENT BULBS PAIR
Old 11-21-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Infinite: are the bulbs manufacturer specific?
sometimes you will stmble upon a manufacturer that uses the same connections as another manufacturer, however this is rare. your best bet is to try and contact the manufacturer of your product and ask for a replacement.
Old 11-21-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Well, actually most of the have the connections I have. The 2 little sponge clips that you gotta press hella tight to lock. I only need to know if a 5000k ballast is compatible with a 6000k bulb or not, that is my question.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
connectors are red and blue ???with two clips male and female?
Old 11-21-2005
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most automotive HID parts are interchangable. Only a select few are DC, most others all operate in generally the same AC voltage/power area. Some (mostly newer) stuff is D1, but thats a whole different deal than what I'm sure you've got. So in short, your answer is very likely, YES.

Just make sure what ever "kit" 6000K bulbs you buy will be compatible with your ballasts (aside from the connectors being different). If you have to splice HV connectors make sure to solder (no crimp connectors allowed) and cover them well with multiple layers of good shrink wrap. It's also wise to make your splices in different sections of the HV wire, as to not have both breakages right in line with eachother.

If you must get 6000K do yourself a favor and get Philips Ultinon bulbs. Finding genuine bulbs might be hard (lots of rip off bulbs out there) but if you get genuines, they will last for many years assuming you treat them properly. The Asian knock offs are usually good for a few months to 1 year before major problems/failures occur.
Old 11-21-2005

Hmmm, I know about phillips bulbs, but I was looking at mccolocs (sp lol). But thats good to hear that the 6000k bulbs should work with the ballast. I'm not worried about the connectors, since i saw pictures and all of them look identcle to mine, they are red and yellow, male and female. =) Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-21-2005

mcculloch is bad from what i hear. that's what i hear, not personal experience.
Old 11-22-2005

Hmmmmmm