Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

yellow ion fogs w/ hids:)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sifusexc is an unknown quantity at this point
yellow ion fogs w/ hids:)

i just got my jdm ion fogs in a couple days ago and installed it today. retrofitted a pair of 9006 bulbs because the h11 bulbs that came with them were pretty dull. heres a few pictures of new snow. what u guys think?

Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
how's the fogs working for you? do yo u acutally see better with them?
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
They look pretty damn good!
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
looks real good. shouldnt the fogs be aiming further up the road?
Old 03-01-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
why are your main beams so dull?
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by D17thgen
looks real good. shouldnt the fogs be aiming further up the road?
fogs are ment to be aimed at the ground low close to the car, they fill in that gap from your bumper to where your headlights hit

oh and whats the temp on these bulbs? are they 5000k w/ those yellow capsules? or are they they like 3000k?

im on the rocker as to weather i should use halogens or hids in my fog setup
Old 03-01-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
should be closer to 2800k for the fogs.

use halogen in fog lights. HID is overkill and will decrease already low visibility in low visibility (fog) situations.
Old 03-01-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
^^^ bling factor in non-fog situations

anyway, looks nice.
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by infinite012
should be closer to 2800k for the fogs.

use halogen in fog lights. HID is overkill and will decrease already low visibility in low visibility (fog) situations.
I just re-read it and saw he retro fitted 9006's in, because they dont make 2800k H11 plug and play kits.

How would HID's decrese low visibility? Perhaps if they were hyper white but there yellow
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
fogs are ment to be aimed at the ground low close to the car, they fill in that gap from your bumper to where your headlights hit
never knew that. all the fogs (dihorioc/pencil beam/driving/any style) lights ive hooked up or helped install, the manual usually would say to aim the fogs right below the headlight beam pattern from 25ft distance.. but thats just recommendations from piaa,catz,etc.
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

yeah, they're 9006 bulbs, but because i just wanted to see what they would look like since the bulbs i got were bunk.
the low beams are hid, but they're 8000k so its way bluer than necessary, looks kool, but not that functional, just looks real nice in the snow.
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good to me! I want to get some yellow fogs put on my ride, but don't even know what setup i would want.

Are both the fog lights using the same bulb? They look different colors to me. Or is it a comparison? Anyways the 8000k looks nice, have you gotten pulled over for them at all?? Cops over here are picky about that stuff. But still looks cool.
Old 03-02-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
looks sweet, are they the yellow jdm lensed ones or did you just put yellow hid in there?
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

the actual foglight is ion yellow, but its not hid, just my low beams are hid.
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

ser02rav4 is an unknown quantity at this point
check out my JDM yellow 3000K HID foggies
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fog1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	49523  

Last edited by ser02rav4; 03-12-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
for some reason, that isn't all that bright compared to halogen
Old 03-13-2005

it's because of flash, maybe.

ser02rav4, you did kimchi29's retrofit, didn't you?
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

yep, I sold to him my TYCs in black retroffited with Valeo d2s (not h7) projectors, but as I know he is not happy with that and wanna resale them.
Old 03-17-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
not to start stuff but, kimichis retrofit didnt look great at all, look at all the pictures he posted... seemed as if they were all messed up
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

well, I set up the dr.side as JDM style and the pass side is normal, like this:

1).-----\______
2)._____/------

and also they were a lilbit high adjusted as well. It was my taste and they worked well for me. also I posted some pics included cutoff line as well.As far as I know he`s ggonna sale his civic, so he didnt use them.
Old 03-24-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
why? whats the point of lighting up the ground where you cant see?
Old 03-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly. Mine fill that gap, but I still can't see from where I'm sitting. I guess it's just for show.
Old 03-25-2005

Originally Posted by ser02rav4
well, I set up the dr.side as JDM style and the pass side is normal, like this:

1).-----\______
2)._____/------

and also they were a lilbit high adjusted as well. It was my taste and they worked well for me. also I posted some pics included cutoff line as well.As far as I know he`s ggonna sale his civic, so he didnt use them.
you should know full well that if you do that, the driver's side projector will blind oncoming traffic. jdm style? that's idiot style. if the car is LHD then keep the headlights LHD. if it's RHD, then RHD.
Old 03-25-2005
Premium Member

haha jdm style that doesn't work on a USDM car!