Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

sneaking a peek

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
sneaking a peek

here's some pics of my retrofit in progress.

here's my stash of headlights

and then compare these pics

with these pics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stash.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	45364   Click image for larger version

Name:	black close.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	45365   Click image for larger version

Name:	gunmetal silver.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	45366   Click image for larger version

Name:	gunmetal silver close.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	45367   Click image for larger version

Name:	black.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	45368  

Old 01-15-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
nice man, from what ive been reading. The valeos basically mount right in with very little modification. Check my thread at www.hidforum.com http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26076#26076

Im probably gonna go with the H7 valeos, so i can use an H7 bulb at first? lol becuase i wont have money for the HID ballast and bulbs till later.
to aznmike...

when you open up the housing and take off the old projectors, there are two long bolts on the bottom and two studs with plastic pieces attached to the projector on top. The bottom two bolts are threaded, and just a tad narrower than the holes are wide on the valeo projectors. Well, i just happened to have the right size tap in my tool chest, so i tapped the holes on the valeo's and used the existing threaded bolts on the bottom to secure the valeos. It was actually the luckiest thing that has ever happened to me! Everything was the perfect fit. Right size pre-existing bolts w/ threads, perfect size tap that fits with threaded bolts, perfect size holes on the valeo's to use the tap.....it was just too perfect. The Valeo's are very secure and need no extra support. I can even screw in or out the threaded bolts to adjust the height and pitch of the beam for alignment! It's a sweet setup....other than my goof up!

Ryan

Last edited by AzNmiKex215; 01-15-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yep I already have Valeo H7 DOT projectors with clear lenses sitting on my desk i also bought the H7->D2S adapter from hidplanet.com

Name:	valeo.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	45369   Click image for larger version

Name:	valeo 1.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	45370   Click image for larger version

Name:	valeo 2.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	45371  
Old 01-15-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
Could i just use the H7 valeos and use H7 bulbs untill i can get enough money for HID bulbs and ballast?
Old 01-15-2005

I suppose you could, but you would need an adapter for H7-H1. AFAIK H7 does not plug into the H1 power plug (TYC power plug)
Old 01-29-2005

i'm getting really lazy. finally fabbed my own d2s bulb clip for the h7 valeos. what a pain in the ***. oh yeah, look at how many h1 bulbs i have! i have 2 more coming in sometime next week i think. 2 yellow mtec's from impulse. then i'm going to my shop, use their heatgun to open the tyc's, install everything, close the tyc's back up, and then put them in my room again. still looking for ballasts.

pics of bulbs and clip

Name:	picture01.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	46304   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture04.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	46305  
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
nice work, post more pics after you're done
or even a DIY
Old 01-29-2005

oh don't worry. i'm abusing my camera for this retrofit next up is crack open the headlights and install the valeos. it seems simple, but it's really not
Old 01-30-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
yea.. they dont just "slip" on

My second retro with the D2S is almost done

Origionally chrome TYCs... Left the chrome trim around the high beam and low beam area... And also.. WAIT? No more dumb parking light?

LED turn signals being put in soon
Old 01-30-2005

i'm thinking of tinting the amber and clear piece. good idea or no?
Old 01-30-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
no, turn signal wont be bright on the side =\
Old 02-01-2005

new stuff!

i keep getting more and more parts! fucking sucks that i dont have my car for a week

harness:

mtec golden style h1:

thank you jay (impulse) for the parts!

Name:	Picture 036.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	46454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 038.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	46455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 039.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	46456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 040.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	46457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 041.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	46458  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 042.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	46459  
Old 02-01-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
wow, that looks like so much work. i wouldn't even know where to start. i want to see some pics when you're done. where do you learn how to do all of this? from that HID forum above?
Old 02-02-2005

pretty much it's hands on experience. i haven't even started my retrofit yet, but i have already gone through 2 sets of projectors.

www.hidplanet.com/forums does provide a lot of information, though. you can learn a lot, maybe too much, from there.
Old 02-02-2005

ballasts/ignitors came in. i have to somehow get the ignitors out of the weird plastic cup things.

Name:	picture06.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	46546   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture10.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	46547   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture13.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	46548  
Old 02-03-2005
Banned

haha, make sure the projector doesnt fall off the table

Ive dropped one of my valeos once... ***SHATTERED*** everywhere, haha
Old 02-03-2005

i just rubbed my projector lense with my hands. sweaty palms. mmm. i had to fix the bulb holder (i just noticed that it was crooked...made the bulb point downward in the reflector bowl). i have to clean everything before i put it all in.
Old 02-04-2005

look at the HID pic post thread for pics
Old 02-04-2005

Old 02-05-2005
Banned

that beam pic is perfect... u should def drive like that
Old 02-06-2005

hm...one of my foglights died. i wonder what it could be...

also, impulse, the harness you sent me...it's very finicky.i've tried plugging in those 3 h4 plug things in like 9 different combinations, but i still cant get the lows to stay on with the highs...or even get the highs to turn on. wtf is up with that.

like 1 way everything lights up. lows and highs. but now i dont have any option to turn off the high. it's just lows and highs.

2nd way - lows light up, but turn off when i want high beams. so no high beams
3rd way - lows don't light up, highs dont light up
4th way - lows don't light up, highs light up
5th way - blow a fuxing fuse...

wanna help me?

also, are the beams supposed to combine after a certain distance? cause mine are aimed fine (i think) but they combine and become one DOT step at around 50 ft...

Last edited by infinite012; 02-06-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by infinite012
hm...one of my foglights died. i wonder what it could be...

also, impulse, the harness you sent me...it's very finicky.i've tried plugging in those 3 h4 plug things in like 9 different combinations, but i still cant get the lows to stay on with the highs...or even get the highs to turn on. wtf is up with that.

like 1 way everything lights up. lows and highs. but now i dont have any option to turn off the high. it's just lows and highs.

2nd way - lows light up, but turn off when i want high beams. so no high beams
3rd way - lows don't light up, highs dont light up
4th way - lows don't light up, highs light up
5th way - blow a fuxing fuse...

wanna help me?

also, are the beams supposed to combine after a certain distance? cause mine are aimed fine (i think) but they combine and become one DOT step at around 50 ft...
Could a bulb have blown?

With the wiring harness u can only plug it in one way, no? I can send you DohDohs email, I honestly dont know much about harness's (all I know is plug them in and you get light )

Yes with the valeos from far away they will combine together making a colorful line... Well thats what I' ve read. Mine dont make a "perfect" line. The drivers side is a little higher than the passenger. But, If you think about it, it should be? Because of the slant
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
nice work man
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

mini-nsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, talk about some work...

Is this harness your having issues with out of a car that does not light all lights when you put on high beams? EX 88-98 chevy trucks, low beams or high beams, but not both from the factory...

I dunno if thats any help to you or not, I didnt even read all the posts to see if you said what vehicle it came out of, or if it did...

Later,
Old 02-07-2005

it's a custom made harness.

impulse - the harness has 3 seperate plugs for the h4 connection.
pic:

that's how it is. i take those spade plugs and plug them in seperately into the h4 connector on the car.

something else that's odd is that my highbeam light is on in the dash/cluster.

and no, the bulbs work fine.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
dyam bro thats cray-z good luck to ya.
Old 02-07-2005

impulse, the wiring harness is wrong. it has low beam and high beam functionality, but it's just wrong. i can scan in the piece of paper that i used to test out every single possible combination to show you.
Old 02-08-2005

Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
just wondering where did you get your parts from?
Old 02-11-2005

projectors, ballasts, bulbs from hidplanet.com/forums under the for sale section.

tyc headlights from ebay.

mtec h1 and wiring harness from impulse.

Quick Reply: sneaking a peek