Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Retrofit projector question...please put in your .02 ImPulse...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver_JS5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Retrofit projector question...please put in your .02 ImPulse...

Hey there, I have the TYC Projectors....and i want to know what projectors i can get from where to have better light output and to get them prepared for going to hid...I want to change the projectors for the reason that my driver's side projector seems to be gimpy, it doesn't really put out or let out that much light compared to my left projector....so what projectors and where can i get them, also, what is involved with doing a retrofit or projector change....
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

bump b4 bed
Old 07-16-2004
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you dont really ahve to bump your thread in the lighting forum, but anyways...for better light output with TYC projectors you can either get H1 rebased HID kit or do what you want to do, and input 40 hours of labor into getting a very nice set of projectors and switch them out for the crap fog light projectors that TYC uses.

www.hidforum.com is where you should go to get more info on retro fits and HID kits. I'll tell you now, though, it is illegal to purchase HID kits for street use. Off road only.
Old 07-16-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

everything you need...

I would suggest only Audi A4 projectors because the tycs arent that big... and you will be able to move them around a lot. Theres not really that much involved in a retrofit. The only thing that freaks people out is.. If you mess up on something big, you cant really start over. Gotta buy whatever u broke, meaning could go from 100-200$ lol I should know... It happened to me =\ Dont go for an aftermarket kit, waste of money.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

thanks a lot impulse...is it pretty much straight forward on what to do or is there some tricky points to it?
Old 07-16-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
yea, pretty much... takes a lot of time/planning though. Everyone has a different way of doing it. I like my way cause u cant really mess up lol (but.. u can drop the projector and watch the glass shatter )
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DestnationUnkwn is an unknown quantity at this point
The retrofit is not just a simple swap. You will be required to do some fabrication to the projectors that you will be swapping. For the best advice on swapping go to hidforum.com or to the automotive lighting forum, which is a little more technical than the hidforum. Valeos will be a better fit for your TYC's. Valeo is an OEM automotive lighting manufacturer. They make projectors and headlamps for various types of vehicles including the Audi S4 mentioned above. If searching on Ebay use keyword Valeo, not Audi, because some Audis use Hella projectors which are way to big for your TYC's. Remember Valeo. Ill try and post pics of some Valeos later. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2004
Banned

Ferrari's use Valeos lol...