Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

encouragement for new project :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004
End Bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
encouragement for new project :D

some of you know before i got the valeos, i accidentally brought one headlamp assembly for a sc430, well...

i am getting sick of the h7 valeos because they suck major *** compare to real d2s and what not, and the cutoff is too weird, i want a flat cut off, so i am looking to take the sc430 ones out and try my luck with them

this is just a pointless post so everyone knows what i am doing and opinions, comments are welcome
Old 03-02-2004
End Bringer

the projector inside the sc430 seems to be a d2s valeo, i won't know till i actually take it apart.

i hooked up a d2s bulb to it and powered it up and took a few shots of the cut off compare to my h7 valeos, i will have the pics up tonight
Old 03-02-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
lol, im done spending $ on HIDs :x

Im gonna start saving for UK Tails
Old 03-10-2004
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Voiceofid
the projector inside the sc430 seems to be a d2s valeo, i won't know till i actually take it apart.

i hooked up a d2s bulb to it and powered it up and took a few shots of the cut off compare to my h7 valeos, i will have the pics up tonight
The SC430 projector looks physically different than the valeo projectors. Quite a bit different actually. (It's the S2000 and SC430 that look similar).

On another note, for those of you who may have installed HID projectors into your TYC 7th gen housings, what methods did you use for mounting the projectors? I know personally, the S2000's were far too large and lots of material had to come out to get them to fit in there. Now my adjustments are no more, and one light is not exactly level. Performance is top quality, and the looks outside the car are phenominal - but seeing the two cutoffs not equal from behind the wheel still bothers me. I don't want to give up the S2000 projectors, but I wouldn't mind using a different assembly... I know there are a few different types for the 7th gen, and one guy on here has a different kind (one with the large chrome reflector on the outside end) and I think had installed bi-xenons (even larger then S2000).

So basically, I am just looking for info on how you done it and if you guys still have adjustment capabilities. It might be time to fix mine soon if I see a better way to mount them, or a larger assembly to mount them in.
Old 03-12-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm over the HID install. My lenses are fuked up but screw it. That project was a bitch.
Old 03-14-2004
End Bringer

mine is also not level, and however i do it, it won't be fixed, and it bothers me.. anyway.. sorry i kept everyone waiting...

the 2 below are cut offs between the valeo h7 and whatever the ones in sc430s are

sc430

this is the valeo