Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Altezzas

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004
I want a TSX!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Altezzas

I think its downright retarded of many people in this forum to voice their opinion about altezzas.

#1 Many of you guys say "there are too many of them" or "theyre not original". Guess what guys and girls, YOU DRIVE A CIVIC! If you havent noticed there are millions of civics on the road so if youre so wound up in being original get a different car!

#2 People say they dont fit right. True aftermarket parts dont always fit right but one of the things about installing things is sometimes you have to make it work. This is where you use your head and figure something out! The key is keeping your improvization to minimum while still making the install clean. If you cant DIY and make it clean then you shouldnt be attempting a DIY anyways!

#3 Yes Stockies look great too. It's not like you HAVE to like one or the other. How about liking BOTH! It is never a good idea to polorize over what you like and/or dislike.

.....thats MY opinion on altezzas.
Old 02-14-2004
Pimp Juice Distributor

Location: Dallas, Tx but now Virginia Beach, VA 'cause of job...
SeCosCiV is an unknown quantity at this point
Before you guys flame this poor soul...Please note Exhibit A

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	newbie2.gif
Views:	108
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	20983  
Old 02-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Okay great. You said you hate it when others give their opinion and now you're giving your own? And my civic is original, cause I've yet to see one that looks like mine. Oh and I used to have tezzas until I realized they weren't for me. What's going on with the noobs here lately?
Old 02-14-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
blah blah blah. Just cause i dont have 124534590845 post does not make me a noob, just to this board yes. For your information all of the things done to my car have been done by me and everything is clean install. BTW my 'opinion' is not taking a side like almost all of you guys, it is leaving your opinions all to be vaild. I happen to like both altezzas as well as stock so all opinions are good to me, im just tired of reading all your anti altezza flames, it gets really old.
Old 02-14-2004
Pimp Juice Distributor

Location: Dallas, Tx but now Virginia Beach, VA 'cause of job...
SeCosCiV is an unknown quantity at this point
I was just playin, pimpin'. Welcome to the site.

I had altezzas but when I saw a 60 yr old woman driving an LX with my same exact ones I decidedd to take em off. Mosst dealers now even offer them to the customers. Thats played out to me cuz i got em to be different and i liked the way they looked.
Old 02-14-2004
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Wrong forum man...this is ICE...Lighting might be a more approriate forum since I don't think most people would consider a tail light to be part of In Car Entertainment.
Old 02-14-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
altezas look good on some vics... Just depends on full show or a lil.

I had them... I liked mine but, Sold them to get some $.
Old 02-14-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the opinions

and heres mine if it matters:

-altezzas are usually illegal, if not, an officer will try to find way to bust u for it.

-it puts the driver behind u in risk becuz it sorta confuses the driver behind (to me, it confuses me sumtimes on those crazy *** circles)

-why pay $70+ for sumthin that wont even help u.

-you buy it for 'show' and wanna look good in front of the 'people'... well guess what, we are people too and WE think its garbage. yea... ur gf or those youngsters may like it, i say grow a sac and do it right.

*no disrespect to the altezza fans out their*
Old 02-16-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
wow!!! that picture is about as old as the internet there buddy... as far as the alteeza debate, here's my opinion:

1. Alteeza's are made for just what they say ALTEEZA's (IS300 in america). is your car a civic alteeza? nope, they don't belong.

2. Alteeza's are in the majority of cases, not DOT compliant (illegal).

3. They are dimmer than the stock tails, which makes them less safe. I'd prefer my car i put my money in, to give every visible indication it's there as not to get rear ended, etc. Don't know about you, but I work for the money i spend on my car.

4. The whole idea of alteeza's are played out. first, they were alright, now everyone has them, on everything. anything from an SUV, to an old *** beater pick-up, to domestics, to whatever has them. Personally, I don't think its too col to be riding around with something granny has on her mustang, or the kid down the street has on his first 82' silverado. then, there's always the ghetto fabulous cars, that need paint and a restore job, but they have their bling rims, and their chrome alteezas.

don't get me wrong, on the right car, with the right parts they are alright, but in most cases, they just appear bland, and boring to me. i had a set, i also burned said set one night when i got bored. plus, people already affiliate me with the ricer wanna-be crown enough cause i fix up my car, why add to the misinformed's perception of import tuners?
Old 02-16-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Letz Stab him! STAB HIM GOOD!!!!