Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

LED Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cthom is an unknown quantity at this point
LED Recommendations?

All right, I've searched on this topic so don't flame me. I've got cleared headlights and want amber turn signal bulbs to stay legal. I'm hesitant of the painted bulbs so am thinking of going LED for the turn signals and park lights (if available). I've seen that 7443s get replaced with 3157s. Do these actually interchange? What about the resistors to avoid the quicker blink rate? Where do you splice them in? (I'm bad on electrics.) Also, I've read more than a few stories of probs with other lights and the hazard switch upon installing LEDs. Do they really "last a lifetime"? Lastly, any suggestions on brand? Thanks all.
Old 01-23-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
7440 / 7443 LED Wedge Base
single and dual contact 9 LED

White LED 7443 Amber LED 7440 Red LED 7443

LOAD RESISTOR KITS
6 Ohm, 50 Watt resistors can be connected across the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb (2 Amp load). This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing or burnt out bulb indications.
One resistor is required for each turn signal bulb. Includes gel filled moisture resistant splice taps.

CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS: Using includes splice taps, connect one wire to ground and the other wire to the turn/brake wire. You do not have to cut your car's wires. Squeeze splice taps with pliers. One Load Resistor required for each turn signal bulb. No instructions are include with these kits.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
Old 01-23-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
wanna see pics if anyone has done this... wonder what it looks like
Old 01-23-2004
Registered!!

cthom is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you. This is exactly the information I was looking for. If I do end up doing this I'll get my hands on a digital camera and take some pics. I'd love to see some if someone has already done it.