Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

$$$ for tint ticket in NY state

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic_khaos is an unknown quantity at this point
$$$ for tint ticket in NY state

A couple of weeks ago I was pulled over and given a ticket strictly for my tint. I went to court last night and the judge said that if I remove the tint by next week (next court date), then the ticket would be dropped.

I was willing to just pay the fine and forget about it, but he said he'd give me a week to remove the tint. I told him that I probably wouldn't have it off by then becuause I didn't have the time. He said I could just go home and remove it. This may sound simple, but 1) I don't really feel like messing up my windows by removing the tint myself, and 2) if I couldn't remove it all myself, and I wanted to get it redone, I would be charged for removing the old tint and applying the new tint.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how much the fine would be for a Tint Ticket in New York State (WNY area). Would it be smarter to just pay the fine or have it removed then redone again (after the court date). I've had the tint done for 2 1/2 years and this was the first time I was pulled over/given a ticket for it.
Old 10-08-2003
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
Thats because NY cops are A$$ holes...I got a ticket for going 58 in a 55 once grrrr....whats the tint % there? 75% right? Glad I moved outta there and to CT...the judge wouldnt even tell you how much it was? I think you have the right to know if you should pay it or just have it removed right. Sorry man
Old 10-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
contact the court to find out how much the ticket will cost.

Injen
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
$45 I think I have 2 sitting on my desk. The cop told me 70 was legal and his reader read 6. No way in hell was I getting out of that. I was speeding when he pulled me over so he gave me tint tickets instead of a speeder.