Archive - Wanted Parts (WTB's) Let everyone know what parts you want to buy (WTB) and members will respond to your request. Include details of the correct application (DX or EX, 7th or 8th generation)

WTB Pair of keys for 03 Civic

Old 12-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bonestockcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
WTB Pair of keys for 03 Civic

Looking for a pair of keys (lightly worn) with immobilizer/transponder chips in them that are no longer needed on your end. I bought a Civic with only a valet key and the driver door lock cylinder was so worn it wouldn't work. I bought a new genuine Honda lock cylinder, but the keys that came with it do not have the transponder chip in them.

The valet key is fairly well worn, so I don't want to use it to cut from and figured that if I could get a lightly worn pair from someone out there, I can rekey and program them to my car (I've got the SBB programmer already).

Thanks for reading...
Old 04-23-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LongIsland4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WTB Pair of keys for 03 Civic

Originally Posted by bonestockcivic
Looking for a pair of keys (lightly worn) with immobilizer/transponder chips in them that are no longer needed on your end. I bought a Civic with only a valet key and the driver door lock cylinder was so worn it wouldn't work. I bought a new genuine Honda lock cylinder, but the keys that came with it do not have the transponder chip in them.

The valet key is fairly well worn, so I don't want to use it to cut from and figured that if I could get a lightly worn pair from someone out there, I can rekey and program them to my car (I've got the SBB programmer already).

Thanks for reading...
I have an ignition with transponder keys, I would sell you all. Came from an '04.
Old 04-23-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: WTB Pair of keys for 03 Civic

You can find the blank uncut keys on ebay for $5-45$

...with no guarantee if they will work, or you can pay Honda.

You may also have luck finding a key at a local parts store, either way yo will need honda to code it to your ECU.

Perhaps someone here knows the OEM part number so we can find you a legitimate source, which is also cheaper than Honda.