Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

tiptronic civic engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004
Pro Skater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question tiptronic civic engine swap

alrite i was thinking about this...i want to get the base rsx swap.. the auto one cause i have an auto now.. if i swapped that could i also swap in the tiptronic tranny.. its really run to use and i think it would be cool to have a tiptronic civic cause like noone has one haha.. so basically if i did that swap could i do the tranny too?
Old 07-17-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
i dont see why that would not work. should not be a problem. just need to sue the rsx ECU with it.
Old 07-17-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i was gonna ask this question some time ago but i didnt want to read people bitchin' about swapping from one automatic to another automatic, lol.
Old 07-17-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
in all reality with both engines being of the k20 make, in theory if you really wanted, you should be able to swap in the type-s engine and the base model transmission should bolt right up to it.
Old 07-18-2004
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
^that would be sweet.. alrite because i always like the tiptronic tranny and if i did the swap i did want to keep my boring auto at least u can somewhat shift with that tranny at least i kno i like it...
Old 07-18-2004
Boosted Auto

deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
auto can shift faster then a human, level ten makes things that you can add to your auto tranny and you press a buten and it shifts.
Old 07-18-2004
Registered!!

briang is an unknown quantity at this point
Other than fabricating a transmission mount, the big issue becomes the wiring and electronics. I can be done of course, but you will use the ability to use a Hondata modified ECU. This may put limits on additional engine modifications, or the ability to use a Type S engine.

If you're serious about doing this, I suggest doing some research on the matter by purchasing both the RSX and Civic service manuals. In the end it would also be a good idea to buy a wrecked RSX with everything you need since this will probably entail major modifications to the cabin harness.

brian g

Last edited by briang; 07-18-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2004
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by deciuss
auto can shift faster then a human, level ten makes things that you can add to your auto tranny and you press a buten and it shifts.
Ummm yeah....but the points at which it shifts are the problems (if it's not tiptronic). I can promise you that a good manual driver would prolly outdrive a tiptronic car (given both cars are the same, weight, power, etc). Manual is just better when you're in a certain power range, you only see automatics when the cars are just makin' so much power so fast that it NEEDS an auto.