Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

All seasons or Winter Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicgal17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question All seasons or Winter Tires?

So I'm buying these tires finding out that there all seasons (M&S).

The thread is still good and i literally had a lesson about the difference between winters and all seasons. First time driving my car during winter, is all seasons going to do the job?
Old 11-10-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: All seasons or Winter Tires?

What kind of snow are we talking? Canada amount of snow.
Old 11-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You in an area that has a lot of snow?

Do your local regulations require snow tires? If so, you had better get a set of dedicated REAL snow tires.

Get a set of steel wheels for them. Makes changing them a whole lot easier.
Swap sets when the snow season comes, swap again for warmer weather.
Old 11-10-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Civicgal17
First time driving my car during winter, is all seasons going to do the job?

in a word.... no

If you're not legally required to have snow tires then the choice is yours.

Real winter tires will give you much more grip in all winter conditions compared to all season tires.
Old 11-15-2015
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtec92 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you will be dealing with less snow and more on wet and muddy roads, go for all season, else you need a dedicated winter tire that will ensure good traction.

Last edited by ezone; 11-15-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: removed SPAM link
Old 11-15-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,205 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vtec92
If you will be dealing with less snow and more on wet and muddy roads, go for all season, else you need a dedicated winter tire that will ensure good traction. We are happy with Pirelli All Season Cinturato on GA roads.
Until the next freezing rain in GA we had it here in TN too... technically, I say stay home for a freezing rain, though.