Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

New spare won't fit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorena Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry New spare won't fit.

A question to all you hybrid honda civic owners out there. I recently bought an 05 honda civic hybrid and I do a lot of traveling. I decided to buy a spare tire for the back of the car instead of the dough nut that is in there. Just one little itty bitty problem. The full size spare will not fit. Anybody else experience this problem.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
When you say will not fit, do you mean on the car or in the spare tire storage? I don't know the answer, just trying to make the question clear.
Old 06-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well thats how they made the car. I don't think it would work on a regular civic either. Just use the doughnut. If you're worried, grab a can of fixaflat from the store just in case.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

When you look at the doughnut in the trunk as it is placed in there it has more space around it but not enough to fit the spare that i bought.
Old 06-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I guess you could throw it in the back seat or something if you're worried, but those things are heavy and affect power and gas mileage. I took out my small spare too and just got a can of fixaflat.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Lorena Johnson
When you look at the doughnut in the trunk as it is placed in there it has more space around it but not enough to fit the spare that i bought.
did you buy the same size tire that the car uses? a full size spare should fit, but what wont fit is the wood piece that goes over it. I have a full size spare in my trunk, but I had to take out the wooden floor piece that covers it.
Old 06-26-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by streetglower
did you buy the same size tire that the car uses? a full size spare should fit, but what wont fit is the wood piece that goes over it. I have a full size spare in my trunk, but I had to take out the wooden floor piece that covers it.
same here.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

I took everything out of the trunk and put the spare in there and the back of the trunk is covered with a felt piece but the tire does not fit all the way to the back. I thought about cutting out the felt in the back but my husband got in the trunk and told me there is a piece of metal that juts out right about where it would have to be cut. I might try talking to the dealer about this. I never thought that you wouldnt be able to fit a full size spare in the trunk.
Old 06-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
can you show us a picture of this? I am having trouble understanding, a full size spare should fit.
Old 06-27-2005

olytrojan is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 18 inch wheel and tire in my trunk in the spare well, the only trouble you should have is fitting the board and carpet over it, but yea a pic would help clear up the confusion