Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Low Beam Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016
No Fracs Given

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FracKen is an unknown quantity at this point
Low Beam Issue

I know I have asked several questions. I apologize in advance, just picked up the Civic yesterday and am trying to "Buff" out the little issues I am finding.

On my passenger side low beam doesn't "Project".

If I pull it out of the assembly it is lit and bright, when I put it in, I have to cup my hands over the assembly to even see light, even at night as the DRL and running lights over power the low beam that much.

Is it just needing a new assembly, or is there something someone can just say, "Do this".
Old 09-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low Beam Issue

Why doesn't light shine through?
Is that bulb just as blindingly bright as the other side? (It should be blindingly bright)
If not as bright, check voltage and ground at the bulb

Is the bulb misaligned or misinstalled?
Wrong bulb?
Cheapo bulb?

Is the lens of the headlight all cloudy on the outside, or is the reflector ruined on the inside?
Old 09-18-2016
No Fracs Given

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FracKen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Low Beam Issue

Bulbs can be swapped. Output outside of assembly using harness plug is the same OMG regardless of bulb. Not cheep bulbs, they are the 50ish a set sylvania, not the best but not cheep. The tabs are locked and flush, I have removed lens assembly to verify it isn't something pushing while installed.

I will double check reflector tomorrow.

Last edited by FracKen; 09-18-2016 at 01:19 AM.