Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 Honda civic check engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevdogg68 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Honda civic check engine Light

Ok I have a 2001 Honda civic I bought that was gutless so I installed a cold air intake and bought a 2 in exhaust system with header it has a high flow make believe cat with o2 bung hole I installed and immediately got check engine light said o2 sensor heater malfunction so I replaced o2 and installed a spacer so sensor wasn't sticking in all the way reset ecu and light went out then came back on 20 min later car has way more power and runs good but has anyone successfully installed bigger pipes without getting this light or do I just need to get a real cat and put on went with this setup cause theres no emissions here but and didn't want the restrictions any help appreciated.
Old 12-18-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Honda civic check engine Light

What's the actual code?

Did you replace the O2 sensor with an OEM sensor, or did you use one of those universal ones that you need to splice in? The 01-05 civics are quite finicky with what sensors you can use.
Old 12-18-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
What's the actual code?

Did you replace the O2 sensor with an OEM sensor, or did you use one of those universal ones that you need to splice in? The 01-05 civics are quite finicky with what sensors you can use.
It is Oem snapped right in the code was P0135 o2 heater circuit before I changed assume its same code I will check today
Old 12-19-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
What's the actual code?

Checked code and its the same bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit malfunction this is with a brand new oem sensor and put a spacer on it how can I get rid of this light