Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 Honda civic lx problems:(

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zdillon49 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Honda civic lx problems:(

Hey I have a 2002 Honda civic lx just turned 179000 and this thang is acting so weird so I had to replace my radiator because it busted and ever since then its been nothing but trouble now everytime I drive it the temp gage goes crazy when at idel it get hot I rev it up to about 1500 with AC on it cools back down and thus morning my heat stopped working plus for some reason when I add fluid to my radiator it gets low and my reservoir is full to the top I've already drained the reservoir one time and it filled right back up???? Idk what's going on with it PLEASE HELPPPPPP!
Old 08-21-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2002 Honda civic lx problems:(

Overflowing reservoir points to head gasket!
Old 08-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zdillon49 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't fill to the cap tho but its close tho
Old 08-21-2014
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

+1 on the bad head gasket. Get it replaced ASAP.
Old 08-21-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zdillon49
It doesn't fill to the cap tho but its close tho
I agree with above posters. Anything even close to overflowing that reservoir (provided it wasn't overfilled while cold) is a HG failure...

I thought a while back that my coolant going as high as it did over the MAX line when warm, was a looming HG job. Turns out as long as it returns to that level after cooling off, there isn't any immediate threat. But if it stays there or steadily climbs... time to crack that D17 open.
Old 08-21-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and this thang is acting so weird
Not really....It's acting the way we expect it to act when the head gasket is blown.