Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hyper Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbEnjeN is an unknown quantity at this point
Hyper Blinkers

Recently i just installed a cold air intake in my 2k1 civic, but when i was done i notice my right-side blinkers blinked way faster then it originally did. This problem only goes for the right blinker, the left one is fine. Please post any suggestions that might solve this problem. Peace

Powered By: EnjeN
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
one of your bulbs is probably burnt out, check the front and rear on the right side with the turn signal on to see if one isnt lighting up
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

insan is an unknown quantity at this point
mabe ur car is retarded[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
u know something, im having that same problem right now. although, i took off the parking lights in the front because i thought they were ugly, when lit up at night. i changedto 7440's hyper whites as blinkers. and i just installed my intake yesterday, same one by injen. i dunno if me changing bulbs and taking out the parking bulbs really makes a difference but ur help would be good pls.

P.S. my right blinker does blink faster, but its off beat. it goes normal then goes fast, then normal, then fast. this only occurs when i have the car in "D". when i have it in neutral and i signal to the right, its blinks at its normal rate.
Old 07-14-2002
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
i think it has something to do with the screw/bolt used to secure the intake in place. that bolt is used to ground several connections...one of those connections is the right turn signal.
Old 07-16-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
yes make sure the ground wire is securly fastened.
Old 07-20-2002
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I had that problem last weekend when I installed my CAI. Not only was my front passenger side blinker going 2x faster but also it was much dimmer and also activating the tiny parking light between the main headlight and blinker whenever it flashes. I found the problem to be the common ground point for the headlamp cluster. The rubber dampener needed for the CAI wasnt giving enough force to push the metal ground connectors to the chassis. I resolved this problem and mabye can help.

I took a fairly heavy guage 8" wire and stripping 3" of insulation off.

Take that end of the wire and wrap it around the bolt a few times on top of the ground connectors but between that and the rubber dampener.

After you've wraped it around a few times weave around the ground leads and wrap around the bolt one more time.

For the end of the connector you will need a U shaped electrical connector like you would need for hooking up to an amp or speakers.

Put that on the other end of the ground wire and place that in between the bolt and the washer that sits on the other end of the rubber dampener that sandwiches the CAI mounting bracket.

There you go =) Blinker should be fixed. I tried doing all this with just the splash guard pulled back but found it to be too much of a hassle. Instead just remove your front bumper cover since it only takes like 5 minutes to do.

Hope that helps ya!
Old 07-21-2002
Saj
Registered!!

Saj is an unknown quantity at this point
your not doing as bad as my friend, who had electrical problems in his neon. Everytime he would signal the horn would go off, the wiper blades would move, and blinker went to like 4x, it still cracks me up[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

Assasin is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the same exact problem except for my car was overheating also the temp gauge wud go to hot if i was in stop and go traffic. but then when i started driving it wud go down. did any of yall have this problem. well i fixed the ground and the ac and signals work but not sure if it fixed the overheat problems wud u think this wud be a cause?