Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How do I fold down back seat of 2002 Honda Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mira is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I fold down back seat of 2002 Honda Civic?

Can somebody please give me instructions on how to fold down the back seat of my 2002 Honda Civic LX? I need to expand my trunk space to transport some longer cargo. The owner's manual doesn't specifically say how to do this, just that it's possible.

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I fold down back seat of 2002 Honda Civic?

From the inside:
Put your key into the key slot on the rear deck, turn one way or the other to release whichever seat. PUll seat down to fold the applicable side of the 60/40 seat.

From the trunk:
locate the black plastic.. pull.. tab.. t-handle.. like.. things.. there's one for each part of the 60/40 split seat. Pull which ever one you want to fold down, then push on the seat to fold it down
Old 05-07-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

chances are the key will get stuck so just use the pull handles in the trunk
Old 05-07-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a problem with keys getting stuck? That sucks.. I'm never had that problem.
Old 05-07-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

theres a TSB if anyone wants i can email it. basically replacing the whole thing with new parts and new key or the lock rods getting jammed. theres some updated parts for it. i just ripped mine out cause i got tired of nearly breaking the key trying to open from inside.