Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatE is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch Stuck

Hey i've searched and found that there are similar problems out there but mine is a bit different. I've noticed my clutch pedal getting stuck to the floor while shifting and i'd have to pull it back up with my foot but now it sinks completely down to the floor wen i throw it in first gear therefore causing me to always stall. I can pull it back up however and it only gets stuck wen i release the clutch slowly. i've checked my fluid level on the cylinder and realized that its still full and there aren't leaks. I'm not really sure what it can be that makes my pedal sink.. ive also sprayed some lubricant where the line comes thru the firewall to the clutch pedal. Any suggestions guys? I'm thinkin i should bleed it but im not too sure about doin anything until i get some suggestions. Thx
Old 09-09-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Re: Clutch Stuck

Now thats scary ... em try using some WD40 underneath where all the links are at ... Did u have the sqeak problem before this happened ? did u ignore it for like a long time? get it checked by a mechanic coz it sounds dangerous man !

stay safe
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

i've lubed it underneath b4 .. and yes it did squeak.. and yes i did ignore =/ .. and i may have to take it to a mechanic .. i just wanted a few suggestions b4 i lose moneyy .. thx!
Old 09-09-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

hmm did u try lubing it again ? does it help ? try giving it a bath of WD-40
Im kidding ... the forum is usually dead on weekends so hopefully u'll get some response tomorrow by the pros. I wud say dont worry abt loosing money and get it fixed coz that **** is dangerous ...
Old 09-09-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like either your master or slave cylinder has gone out. You'll have to get it diagnosed to see which one it is, but they shouldn't charge more than an hour of labor since it's a very easy job to replace either one.

Parts aren't that expensive either, Majestic Honda carries them both. Master cylinder goes for $84 and the slave cylinder goes for $44. Parts #5 and #7 respectively on the diagram. So all in all even if they replaced them both, you shouldn't be paying anyone more than $200 to do the job. If they quote you more than that, tell them to stick it, and do it yourself.

Old 09-11-2007
Registered!!

thx! i was thinkin that too
Old 09-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been four days, have you got it checked out?