General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How many people do you know that dis your 2k1 or 2k2 civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverCivSedan is an unknown quantity at this point
How many people do you know that dis your 2k1 or 2k2 civic?

Every day i hear people cracking on my car! "It's a rice burner, blah blah blah, my (fill in name of any other car) is better than yours." or "Your civic is a piece of $hit". or "my (sports car) could beat your civic any day". I'm irritated to no ending by these stupid people. I especially like the guy with a 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Gt that finds a way to talk to me every day and includes something in the conversation about how all civics suck and his Beretta is the best car on this green earth. Anybody else have this problem?
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

I posted this as a vehicle issue/problem because it relates to all Civics. Also just to blow off steam.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, my car is stock except for the cd player, and I found that the chicks love it. I mean, wherever I go girls are checking me out and always smiling at me. And as for the guys, who gives a flying fu*k. I didn't buy it for them. cheer up and have a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Assasin is an unknown quantity at this point
when i first got my car people were like u cant do ish with that car now after rims lowering and all that good stuff i did people be giving me mad props
Old 05-19-2002
jro
Registered!!

jro is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, chicks dig it. nobody 'dis'es it. around here i'm one of only two 7thgens that i know of. kinda neat to consider a 7thgen civic rare. (it's the only plus to living in the sticks)
-jro
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

blackasnight2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
proudly i can say that everyone i have talked to about my car have said things and that made me happy, especially when people told me to keep my car when i was deciding to trade it in, the best part is that its a sedan which some consider to be the "uglier" than the coupe although i think its sweet...
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
in my area, there's **** load of 7th gen [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] so it is not a very unique car. but my female friends love my car cuz it is silver, has a oem spoiler and it is newer than their car (they care about the year of the car more than anything) [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

02EXCoupeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never had any comlaints about my car, everyone that i've met has had nice comments about mine. There's ignorant people who just like to hate imports.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the 02 si, and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it from the drive thru, to at school. Especially after I lowered it. Now the hatchback has a sleek look to it.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all I don't know about you but those Berettas are damn ugly. And their engine sounds like crap. Next time that guy says something to you ask him if he drives a new car.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
every one of my freinds (especially the girls ) love my car, but the guys at work with the v8 camaro's and v8 regals rip on me... i just tell them i will race them down some curvy roads if u love it thats all that matters there will always be somone that dosnt like what the other person has My freinds rip on the camero's and firebirds and they think my car is fast[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] would be nice right about now. cant say that 7thgen civ's are a rarity here, lotsa old guys and moms drivin them around, what is nice is havin the only modded ex sedan in the area here, always gettin looks from the girls. also have the only set of focal f5's in the area, and i still swear they had a 2001 civic sedan in mind when they designed them (even though they were made before the new civic hit the road) everyone comments about them, even the guys at the dealer reference to my car as the "civic with the cool wheels" although i cant hold that up for much considering that these guys are tuner shop throwbacks...
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Everywhere I go people want to know what kind of car I have. People love it. No dis comments yet at all. When the see the LCDs they flip out.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
No one has the ***** to dis my car... at least not when I'm around but more-so I've gotten more compliments. The only thing I didn't like was that my brother once said, "It's just a Civic" (in other words, it's not really a fast car) and it was a harsh truth... and I accepted it but it's just that I didn't expect him to say that to me.

(He owns a GS-R, hehehe.)
Old 05-23-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i get hated on a lot too, with some of the same words and comments, one famous one that i get is "Civic's are g@y" and i'm thinking... what does a civic have to do with my sexuality... it may be slow, but how does it make me g@y? i dunno maybe they're jealous... but in my case they're not, they are just haters, i go to an all boys high school (one of those typical preppy white boy schools) and everyone here is rich and has a bmw or a big s.u.v. that takes up like 2 parking spaces.. oh well...i'll be graduating next saturday and will be off to college life at UCR so i won't have to take it much anymore ... outside of school however, i get good comments here and there.
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

some people like my civ. Its a 2k1 silver sedan LX. I am slowly saving money to buy rims, spoiler and maybe a good stereo. But in Kentucky, haters are everywhere. They're all about some 80's camaros and mustangs. one of my friends showed interest in getting a civic, so i let him see mine for a while and he said he really liked it. I thought wow that's cool. But he got a 94 camaro z28 and said my civic was all crap. I think that being an idiot might come with owning certain cars . Also the fact that i'm a girl and some guys get ?mad? when a girl has a nice car. I dunno. You people in other areas get props for your civs and i get dissed?
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

AnGeLxTaCy is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate when people who have crappy cars diss my civ. like this one guy i know, he's always calling it a riceburner & stupid import, yet he has a crappy 93 jeep cherokee.. ha!
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Bethany is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say I have a pretty nice car for still being in high school. (2002 EX coupe. lowered, 17's. blah blah...) so the only people that talk the crap are the ones that are jealous. I say screw 'em because i've got better things to worry about than who likes my car and who doesn't.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

. I say screw 'em because i've got better things to worry about than who likes my car and who doesn't.

True true. I drove my civ to school today and got a few looks cause i normally drive a different car. I'm the only 7thgen in the lot of about 600 cars. Wait i take that back. There is a 2k2 LX coupe but i only talked to them once. Some boy said he could whoop me in his oldsmobile so i met him after school and he chickened out. He's a wimpy hater.
Old 05-25-2002
jro
Registered!!

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]. haha! that's funny cause my brother always says that he could 'whoop' me in his oldsmobile...but never has the ***** to race me.
-jro
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Yeah i've had people driving kias, one dodge daytona want to race me. The kias all chickened out,but the daytona and me went at it in the rain. he has a 5-speed and couldn't get grip on the road, so i let him catch up and we yelled things back and forth on the road. He still says all civs are crap and he could beat me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Bethany is an unknown quantity at this point
I love it when people say that could still beat you even after you've raced them and they lost. what's up with that??
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i just tell them i will race them down some curvy roads >>

Ah yu0 g0nna g3t em in the twisti3z.
Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
guys and gals of 7th gen civic,

As long as you like or even LOVE your car, who cares what the other ppl say?
some ppl are just stupid or like to say things that intended to hurt ppl... to them, I [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

so keep enjoying ur civic and to those annoying ppl that dis ur car, [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

lidcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never had any strangers diss my car. My best friend doesnt like it because she says it's ugly but she drives a '96 Toyota Camery so her opinion doesnt count [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Everyone always compliments me on how "slick" it looks (it's still stocked except for the hyperwhites, hehe) and they say it's a nice car. Even if everyone dissed my car i would still love it as much as i do now, i don't care what people think! I bought this car to please myself not everyone else [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

Lidia
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

hey i drive a 96 camry too but i'd never dis a civ. if i did someone should shoot me in the head please. I don't drive the civ to school cause too many haters. I did a few times but was very careful. The kia wanted to race again today i said yeah i'll go home and get the civ he said nevermind today was a bad day.
Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

I think he wanted to race the camry but the camry would probably still beat him.
Old 05-26-2002
jro
Registered!!

that’s really sad that you have to drive another car to school just to avoid criticism that you would ordinarily get from your ‘vic.
-jro
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
No one disses my Civ, if they did, they would get a nice punch in the mouth....then a suplex onto the ground...what can I say, I live and breathe wrestling???

2 Hottie
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

that’s really sad that you have to drive another car to school just to avoid criticism that you would ordinarily get from your ‘vic.
-jro

No i drive another car to school to avoid getting my civ keyed or broken into or worse. Somebody threatened to rip my bumper off. That could be a good reason not to drive it. With a camry people kinda of ignore you.

Quick Reply: How many people do you know that dis your 2k1 or 2k2 civic?