General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2016 nsx

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2016 nsx

Man...I had 2 2nd gen Civic and road noise.... Damn those things were loud. I still think my 6th gen is pretty noisey and it seems that's a general consensus. Civic's don't have much sound dampening from the factory.

Some pretty impressive stuff with the type R. Maybe that should be the flagship car. Beat a GTR and a Lambo....although I think the editor of that piece was anti Porsche. Beat alot of kind of off model cars but still impressive.
Old 03-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ok but did you here the new crz was dropping the hybrid and is going to be turbo stock ??? minus the massive gay rear spoiler ???
Old 03-13-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I did not hear that but after you said something I went looking. I think that is a great idea. The CRZ has more potential and they need to unleash it!

There is word also that Honda is going turbo for base civics. Smaller engine paired with turbo for fuel economy and engine response.
Old 03-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tomas6791 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had no idea she designed the new NSX.

From the article:
She is the first women to be in charge of a supercar’s exterior design. She also loves cars and grew up in San Jose, California, one of the hot beds of American hot rod and muscle car culture. Her dad was also a tried and true Mopar guy. Meet Michelle Christensen, the new star of automotive design who was recruited by Acura right out of the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena back in 2005.

10 pictures and full article

Old 03-23-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...sorry to say it but Honda simply does not have the status symbol appeal it needs to create a car like this, nor does it have the street cred like Nissan.

Will it be an amazing car, probably.

But people buy super cars for the image, not the performance.

It would be like Timex or Orient trying to release a watch in the $15,000 range like Rolex or Breitling. ...could they make a watch which functioned and looked like a high quality Swiss brand, yes. ...Would people look at that logo and by that watch, hell no, simply because it has no status.
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tomas6791 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a new detailed press release published today.

From the press release:

DETROIT, April 23, 2015 – In advance of the market launch of the highly anticipated next generation Acura NSX, the engineers leading the supercar's development shared new technical details and design strategies with the automotive engineering community at the April 22nd SAE Detroit Section dinner, held in conjunction with the SAE 2015 World Congress and Exhibition. Additional information about the team's efforts to achieve a true "New Sports Experience" included details of the NSX's world's first body construction process that helped create a multi-material space frame resulting in class-leading body rigidity, the advanced total airflow management system and an update on NSX's power unit specifications. Ted Klaus, chief engineer and global development leader of the new NSX, introduced key powertrain, body and dynamic performance engineers who shared new product and technical details in their related areas of the development. The unprecedented sharing of technical details prior to the car's market introduction reflects the desire of the NSX development team and the company to inspire the imagination of automotive and technology enthusiasts along with the next generation of engineers.

Full Press Release

Old 10-29-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Ta Da!

http://yautos-contributors.tumblr.co...sx-first-drive
Old 10-30-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Interesting article. I am a little disappointed that Honda didn't make it more powerful. I know power is not everything and the last one was not the best on paper and people still praised it but for 150K!

I am more excited about the Type R but that's probably because that's more obtainable.
Old 10-30-2015

I know I bagged on the price of this car alot in the beginning but really at $150k it competes with the Audi R8 V10, and Porsche 911. I would also take either the Porsche or the Audi over the Honda at that price point... so good luck with that Honda