General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by Brian1037
It's in the owners manual too
I was at work and he came in and i was talking to him, i didn't think they'd put that in the owners manual because i figured they'd want u to go in and get it checked lol

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Yesterday I received LED strips for my retrofit I can finally get going and finish this thing up :P
And i got my new set of halo's THAT YOU BETTER MAKE SURE DON'T BREAK AGAIN. i'll kill u.
Old 05-25-2011
Registered!!

WillyBrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Tinted Windows
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0199.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	80888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Side Tint.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	80889  
Old 05-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Filled up, $58 for a full tank here.
Old 05-25-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

replaced cabin filters and engine filter and installed the front splash guards even tho i didnt want to but i had to bc rocky roads are tearin up my car but not now
Old 05-25-2011
Yeeg

Yeeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed my SRI yesterday. Drove it around today in the rain. It was fun. Loving the new sound.
Old 05-28-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

It's been a while since I've done something for the interior. Mugen Pedals (now sold by Honda for the Fit) and a Strut King Dead Pedal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5768922786_a78dbc8dc4_m.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	80906  

Last edited by maxtierney; 05-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Sealed up my headlights yesterday. If everything goes as planned I should be soldering my wiring harness today
Old 05-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

pheew. Drove from Montreal QC to TN (1200 miles) in 2 days, with a suspicious head gasket. Now it is pratically confirmed as HG... But car survived the trip, passed TN emissions, new TN title, swapped in a B18 (license plate number, actually - bwaaahahaha!).
Just received yesterday the gasket kit, TB/WP, today i received my stage 1, and found out that i am missing the camshaft seals... Duh! They are not in the gasket kit...
Now starting to dismantle the Miata brakes (1.5 year parked, drove only 3 weeks during that time...) and then start dismantling the civic's engine... That will be a memorable memorial day
Old 05-28-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The wife took it for a drive... I wonder what's going to be wrong with it tommorow?
Old 05-28-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
pheew. Drove from Montreal QC to TN (1200 miles) in 2 days, with a suspicious head gasket. Now it is pratically confirmed as HG... But car survived the trip, passed TN emissions, new TN title, swapped in a B18 (license plate number, actually - bwaaahahaha!).
Just received yesterday the gasket kit, TB/WP, today i received my stage 1, and found out that i am missing the camshaft seals... Duh! They are not in the gasket kit...
Now starting to dismantle the Miata brakes (1.5 year parked, drove only 3 weeks during that time...) and then start dismantling the civic's engine... That will be a memorable memorial day
Nice! Are u gonna PnP the head?
Old 05-29-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Today I put more padding under the rear deck to keep it from rattling...washed it yesterday after slamming into a curb and scratching up the bumper pretty bad
Old 05-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Nice! Are u gonna PnP the head?
no need, i have an EX
Old 05-29-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

My friend's father had to take the Si out since it was the only car in the driveway. Wonder if he VTECed? lolololol

Last edited by MelJ; 05-29-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

did the pads and rotors in the miata, was wondering why it took less than expected. Then i look at the pile of used parts and see 2 shyny rotors... One front and another rear... Felt like i put the shoes and wondered why the underwear was still over the bed...
So no work done to the vic today... ended up installing a rear sway bar in the miata since it was in the air anyways...
Old 05-30-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

FINALLY! after talking about it for so long, INSTALLED MY RETRO'S! Pics will be up as soon as I can get them after they are aimed. DarkSouljur has a few pics on his phone he might upload also.
Old 05-30-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

This is Shift-E's retro, took us long enough to do one of ours lol :P

We still have to adjust his though, i only have pics with bumper off. And i apologize before hand for shitty camera quality...

Before:

After:

Front (thats Shift-E with his shirt off lol):

Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

rolled my fenders and installed 25mm spacers
Old 06-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Damn, that looks good shift.

Morimoto matchbox projectors in a set of fog lights would be a great future mod
Old 06-01-2011

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Damn, that looks good shift.

Morimoto matchbox projectors in a set of fog lights would be a great future mod
I might do fogs, but on a different civic lol. I'm about to reach 300k km on an auto. Bought the car at 283 with no idea how well it was maintained cuz I actually found the car by chance at a U-pull for really cheap.
I want anything I do put on it easy to uninstall and pop on to another civic if I decide I get one again (which i think I might, but definitely manual and hopefully an EX) but that won't be for maybe another 2 years hopefully.

Last edited by Shift-E; 06-01-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

cursing the alternator bracket and TDC sensors right now - moved the ABS to the side some to get some clearance
Old 06-01-2011
Yeeg

Yeeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Gave my car a well deserved car wash, cleaned the interior, fixed my fog lights wiring, and fixed a stupid rattling noise coming from the engine bay. All of this after a 400+ miles trip this weekend.
Old 06-01-2011
Registered!!

carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this weekend I did a few things to the civic including installing the following:
Led Map Lights
Led Dome Lights
Led Trunk Lights
Led License Plate Light
Led Reverse Lights
New Honda Emblems
New V-Hid Fog Lights

And still to come are:
Led Amber Front Turn Signals
Led Red Rear Turn Signals
Led Red Rear Tail Lights
Led Red Rear Stop Lights

Let me know what you think!

Name:  IMG_0629.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  101.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  55.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0642.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  19.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0646.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0649.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  32.1 KB

Last edited by carowcliffe; 06-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2011

^^ I know Kennykid installed LED reverse lights. Maybe you should add those to your LED list? :P
Old 06-01-2011
Registered!!

civic0427 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good! I blacked out my taillights on the trunk lid (its a black sedan) To give it more of the 2 door/ accord look and cleaned it up. A lot more work to be done so ill be posting in here a lot. Ill get some before and after pictures.
Old 06-01-2011
Registered!!

Glad you guys like them, I think they look great! I swear now i've got the LED Fever though!

Shift E: Already been done :P I forgot to mention I did that too! That's what the last photo is of!

And I'd love to see some photos of you car Civic0427
Old 06-01-2011

Originally Posted by carowcliffe
Shift E: Already been done :P I forgot to mention I did that too! That's what the last photo is of!
That it is, lol. I thought you were just showing off your License plate lights in that pic :P

Looking good

What about changing the center console lights to LEDs? I know there are some DIYs on this site somewhere....
Old 06-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by carowcliffe
Well this weekend I did a few things to the civic including installing the following:
Led Map Lights
Led Dome Lights
Led Trunk Lights
Led License Plate Light
Led Reverse Lights
New Honda Emblems
New V-Hid Fog Lights

And still to come are:
Led Amber Front Turn Signals
Led Red Rear Turn Signals
Led Red Rear Tail Lights
Led Red Rear Stop Lights

Let me know what you think!
Don't be "LED" by others?

sorry, just could not resist but say that
Old 06-02-2011
Registered!!

^^ very clever! Haha

And I was looking into doing that, buy would be unable to get all the lights to match so I decided against it! I might do some led footwell lighting though!
Old 06-02-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Running out and getting an oil filter and I'll be changing the oil shortly to prep for my drive to Toronto on Sunday Oh and Hamilton too. This will be a 500km day for the civic
Old 06-02-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tbohar
The wife took it for a drive... I wonder what's going to be wrong with it tommorow?
ahahahahaha i cant believe how true that is.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?