You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Radio Removal for the RSX is very similar to the 7th Gens.
1. Carefully pry and snap off the trim piece that holds the cigarette outlet in place located right above the cup holders. Careful not to bend it to much because it will break, pull outward.
2. Unplug the cigarette outlet plug and unbolt the (2) 8mm bolts that hold the radio bracket to the chasis, (exactly like our 7th Gens.)
3. Unsnap the Center dash piece however way you want to. I don't know if you ever took out your radio on your 7th Gen. Gen but they are a P.I.T.A. usually can push out from behind so you don't risk messing your dash up. This is very trick though but you will get it.
4. After you pop out the dash it is very straight forward after that, Again just like our civics. You're going to have to order that kit though because usually stereo shops don't carry the dash kit for the RSX.
5. Oh yeah I just noticed that you have a Type-S which is BOSE, so your not going to be able to use a regular Harness. You're going to have to either tap into the Bose Amp underneath the Passenger seat or run new wire to each speaker. I would rather integrate into the amp. I don't know the wire colors off the top of my head but I work tonight and can get those for you when I get home from work!